Star Princess rome to rio 12/04/2010

hautedog

Anyone out there? We are doing this B2B with Antarctica on 12/20 so we can meet up with some gay guys from South Africa we met on a cruise seven years ago. Regular roll call is pretty dull, so we thought we'd try here!

Susan

Well, at least one other couple will be on the ship with you. My husband and I booked this a few months back and are greatly looking forward to it. We're spending time in Rome beforehand and time in Rio after.

See you at the gathering!

TOM

Looks like we Californians are taking over! My wife and I met a terrfic group of guys from South Africa when we did an Antarctic cruise seven years ago and decided to finally get together on the Star for the 12/20 Rio to Buenos Aires cruise. The airfare to Rio from LA was so expenseive and had at least two plane changes, that we decided it was about the same price and more comfortable to fly to Rome and sail to Rio on the Star. And we'll never say no to a chance to get to Barcelona again. Have been to Rome enough times, most recently last November on the Grand for the Egypt cruise, that we are just flying in the morning of the cruise. If you're not familiar with Rome or want to know what we liked or a hotel suggestion, just ask, but won't bore you otherwise!

Susan

Thanks, Haute. My husband is a wizard on the travel sites. We got our SFO to Rome, Rio to SFO airline tix for right around $1000 each! And we have a lovely hotel booked near the Vatican for a full week. Neither of us has been there before. Or Rio, for that matter. So we're excited about both, as well as the cruise. Another couple, friends of ours, women, have also booked this cruise.

Hi all,

We are doing the Rio to BA portion.

We live in the Rep. of Panama (ex California). Have done So. America before, but not the Antartic sailing portion.

Looking forward to this. Would have loved to start in Rome, but we are just returning mid Nov from a Vancouver to Sydney cruise.

So, see you in Rio.

Darren & Stan

• 1 month later...

Archived