Can we bring a small fan on board?

Dianardz

You can try and if it is small and in good condition they will probably allow it. But they have the option of confiscating it. For that reason, I would put it in my checked bag. If they decide to confiscate it you will be called to the naughty room to retrieve your bag and the fan will be returned at the end of the cruise.

But if it is in your carry on and they disallow it, I'm not positive that they will return those items. You may have to take it back to your car or just forfeit.

We are sailing on the Triumph and I am wondering if anyone knows if we can bring a small fan on board? If not, would the ship have one we can use in our room?

We always bring a fan, we like the white noise. Corded electric fans are allowed as long as they don't pose a hazard. And it seems a hazard would mean a frayed cord or something. We've never had problem bringing a small one on in our carry on.

I use a Battery operated fan I found at WalMart that comes in 2 sizes, works well for air flow and white noise.

Main problem I could see to an electric one would be 1st it being taken away and 2nd that there is never a plug by the beds, it's down on the desk so yu would also need an extension cord and they are taking those away and if they don't someone might trip on it during the night :eek:

I use a Battery operated fan I found at WalMart that comes in 2 sizes, works well for air flow and white noise.

Main problem I could see to an electric one would be 1st it being taken away and 2nd that there is never a plug by the beds, it's down on the desk so yu would also need an extension cord and they are taking those away and if they don't someone might trip on it during the night :eek:

We keep the fan on the desk. Electric ones are fine as long as they don't pose a hazard.

Not really... see my post above...

:)

Not really... see my post above...

You are right Mach ....... since you can see my spelling errors I was distracted on the phone (why does work have to do that when I'm on Cruise Critic?) and meant to type "and run the risk of those being taken away"

Still love my battery operated one from WalMart, base folds under and it runs on "D" Batteries ....... used it every night on the last 3 cruises and the batteries still haven't given out. And it does a great job of drowning out my DD's snoring!

You are right Mach ....... since you can see my spelling errors I was distracted on the phone (why does work have to do that when I'm on Cruise Critic?) and meant to type "and run the risk of those being taken away"

Still love my battery operated one from WalMart, base folds under and it runs on "D" Batteries ....... used it every night on the last 3 cruises and the batteries still haven't given out. And it does a great job of drowning out my DD's snoring!

Lots of folks have those and flat love 'em!!!

I've been thinking about grabbing one for my next cruise. I keep the temp down to keep the airflow going. That forces Stitch to burrow down deep in the covers to keep warm.

Maybe a battery fan will fix my problem...

so happy to hear this. i just bought 2 of the small ones (1 for me/1 for mom). glad to know it was a good find.

battery fans, I use them because I camp alot. The one that is approx 1 ft. diameter uses 10 batteries "D". I have only gotten about 2 maybe 3 nights on a set of batteries.

I've taken a fan on both the cruises I went on, and didn't have a problem.

ryobi makes a fan that uses the rechargable battery that goes into it's tools, but it only gets about 5 hours from it.

Hope that helps

Here's another option available if you have an iPod touch or and iPhone. There is an app call Ambiance. They have different sounds with everything from water to ceiling fans. I use it almost every night. Best of all the app is free. :)

Lots of folks have those and flat love 'em!!!

I've been thinking about grabbing one for my next cruise. I keep the temp down to keep the airflow going. That forces Stitch to burrow down deep in the covers to keep warm.

Maybe a battery fan will fix my problem...

And Stitch burrowing down is a problem because?????????????????? Only teasing

Here's another option available if you have an iPod touch or and iPhone. There is an app call Ambiance. They have different sounds with everything from water to ceiling fans. I use it almost every night. Best of all the app is free. :)

That sounds cool. I'll check it out.

I recently read about the extension cords and power strips. Glad I did or we would have taken them!

Now I am thinking of taking our camping fan with us. It uses 8 D cell batteries and will work for 4 or 5 nights. Only thing I need to figure out now is where to hang it. It has a carabiner (spelling??) hook on it, needs to hang. Have tried putting it on a cooler or even on the floor of the tent and it rolls around. Rope I guess, but even then not sure what I could hang it on. Hate the thought of taking up valuable luggage space and not be able to use it. Any ideas?

Archived