I got my final call!

YAY, I am so excited and nervous at the same time:D. We will have our ceremony in the Criterion Lounge and our reception in the Down Beat lounge. I have seen a few pics of the Criterion, does anyone have any good pics of the down beat?

Any last fews words of wisdom, I can feel my heart racing now!

We have 47 total guest with 37 sailing

YAY, I am so excited and nervous at the same time:D. We will have our ceremony in the Criterion Lounge and our reception in the Down Beat lounge. I have seen a few pics of the Criterion, does anyone have any good pics of the down beat?

Any last fews words of wisdom, I can feel my heart racing now!

We have 47 total guest with 37 sailing

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

I don't have any words of wisdom, my ceremony is still 8 months away, but I would say take TIME to savor each moment so that you remember! Don't let it go by in a blur.

Have a WONDERFUL trip and I hope everything goes smoothly!

And Please Please post a Destiny review when you get back!

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

I don't have any words of wisdom, my ceremony is still 8 months away, but I would say take TIME to savor each moment so that you remember! Don't let it go by in a blur.

Have a WONDERFUL trip and I hope everything goes smoothly!

And Please Please post a Destiny review when you get back!

Thank you very much, and I will most def, post a review!

Yay!!! I actually just checked in to see how close you were to your big day! I'm not on here as often but like to stop in once in a while since I kind of miss all of the planning! :) I was married in the Criterion and had my reception in the downbeat lounge too! I really liked the downbeat lounge a lot, it was really funky looking. Unfortunately I dont have any amazing pics of the lounge but found this link before I got married:

http://www.cruiseweb.com/CARNIVAL-DESTINY-PHOTO-GALLERY-09.HTM

It's a good sized room for the number of ppl you're having too, I had 48 attending, 36 sailing and it was perfect!

My only words of wisdom- Don't worry about a thing, it will all go perfectly and you're going to have an amazing time!

Thanks Attorneybride, I am trying to finalize everything. Dress is getting altered, clothes are together (not packed yet), I am still trying different hairstyles for the wedding (still haven't found one yet). What type of things did you guys do in miami, besides dinner.

hunniebee, how are things going for you?

Things are going well! I'm a teacher, so having off for the summer has definitely helped. I went for my final dress fitting a few days ago, and it will be ready on Saturday. That seamstress was amazing! My dress had a ton of beading at the bottom, and I'm only 5'1" so she had to remove all of the beading to hem it, and then sew it all back on...but somehow she did it and the dress looks like it was never touched!

I have to finish putting together the cruising guest gift bags and do some shopping before I can start packing. I went for my hair and makeup trial back in March, so that's all set (2 people are coming to my house to do hair & makeup for me, my mom, my maid of honor & bridesmaid). I still have to write my vows. We did a ceremony script, and after it was finished my fiance decided he wanted us to add in our own vows. I don't know how I'm going to get through the scripted ceremony let alone personal vows, especially since he said HE thinks he's going to cry!

How are you feeling? Are you getting nervous? I was totally calm until day 19 hit, and then I said, OMG....19 days! NINETEEN DAYS! I'm not nervous about getting married....I think I'm just nervous about seeing him at the end of the aisle and everybody staring at me walking!

Things are going well! I'm a teacher, so having off for the summer has definitely helped. I went for my final dress fitting a few days ago, and it will be ready on Saturday. That seamstress was amazing! My dress had a ton of beading at the bottom, and I'm only 5'1" so she had to remove all of the beading to hem it, and then sew it all back on...but somehow she did it and the dress looks like it was never touched!

I have to finish putting together the cruising guest gift bags and do some shopping before I can start packing. I went for my hair and makeup trial back in March, so that's all set (2 people are coming to my house to do hair & makeup for me, my mom, my maid of honor & bridesmaid). I still have to write my vows. We did a ceremony script, and after it was finished my fiance decided he wanted us to add in our own vows. I don't know how I'm going to get through the scripted ceremony let alone personal vows, especially since he said HE thinks he's going to cry!

How are you feeling? Are you getting nervous? I was totally calm until day 19 hit, and then I said, OMG....19 days! NINETEEN DAYS! I'm not nervous about getting married....I think I'm just nervous about seeing him at the end of the aisle and everybody staring at me walking!

Wow, I am jealous you get the whole summer off:(, I am a nurse so I work crazy hours all year long. I had to get my dress altered as well, I will go for my final fitting on Monday:), I did get my programs done, I am working on reception CD now. Make up artist is actually cruising (so that worked out great). I am very nervous, I am trying not to forget anything, my mind is constantly racing. I am nervous about everyone staring at me as well. :o

Wow, I am jealous you get the whole summer off:(, I am a nurse so I work crazy hours all year long. I had to get my dress altered as well, I will go for my final fitting on Monday:), I did get my programs done, I am working on reception CD now. Make up artist is actually cruising (so that worked out great). I am very nervous, I am trying not to forget anything, my mind is constantly racing. I am nervous about everyone staring at me as well. :o

How did your final fitting go? Make a list of everything you don't want to forget. I'm nervous about that too. We hired a local cab company's van to take us to the port, and have 9 of our sailing guests and all their luggage coming to the apartment that morning. It's going to be so hectic with the hair/makeup people and people coming in & out with their luggage! I'm kinda glad the rest of our group of 21 sailing decided to get to the port on their own! My maid of honor & my TA (also my friend & a sailing guest) are both getting copies of the list of things I can't forget so we can triple check before getting in that van.

How did your final fitting go? Make a list of everything you don't want to forget. I'm nervous about that too. We hired a local cab company's van to take us to the port, and have 9 of our sailing guests and all their luggage coming to the apartment that morning. It's going to be so hectic with the hair/makeup people and people coming in & out with their luggage! I'm kinda glad the rest of our group of 21 sailing decided to get to the port on their own! My maid of honor & my TA (also my friend & a sailing guest) are both getting copies of the list of things I can't forget so we can triple check before getting in that van.

wow that is a great idea, to give copies of my list to MOH and BM's. Thanks very much, oh btw, my final dress fitting is next Monday. I just had to get it hem'd a bit.

wow that is a great idea, to give copies of my list to MOH and BM's. Thanks very much, oh btw, my final dress fitting is next Monday. I just had to get it hem'd a bit.

Ohhh ok! Trying it on for the last time before the wedding was exciting!

8 more days:confused:

Yay! Don't worry...I think once you see your fiance waiting for you at the end of the aisle, you'll forget about everyone else around you. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Just think...9 days from now none of this anxiousness & stress will be there and you'll be relaxing on a wonderful cruise with your HUSBAND!

Congrats on the final call

Best Wishes to you :)

as for any last words of wisdom....

Make sure to have a copy of all your receipts and contracts with you (let your mother or fiance or someone hold them, this would have saved me a ton of grief)

Enjoy yourself, remember no matter what happens the important thing is that you are standing there with the person you love.

When getting ready to leave the house. Check your list and make sure you have everything, after the bags are packed and in the car (cab or whatever transportation you are using) take a final walk through the house, check the closets, the packing area(s), the bathroom for anything that may have fallen out, got forgotten etc and check your stove thermostat etc so you don't spend your wedding/vacation worrying about little things.

Last but not least... My fathers toast (which I swear he uses for everything but it is very fitting)

May your happiest yesterdays be your saddest tomorrows

Best Wishes

Just wanted to wish you a beautiful wedding day! I hope it's everything you imagined and that you enjoy your cruise! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Thank you very much! I am about to chil with a glass a wine and unwine. Our plane leaves at 840am. I am ready

Archived