for those worried about the hill in Mahogany Bay

LostAgain

I have a tour scheduled with Victor Bodden next month when we are in Roatan with the Carnival Legend. I was getting a little concerned about my mom walking in the heat to meet Victor's guide. I contacted Victor by email and told him we may be taking a taxi from the pier to his van. I got this reply from him --

What you may want to do is leave mom and another at the port exit gate (just past the taxi stand) and then the other 2 come over the hill to meet us. Once we have tourists in the van, Carnival will allow us down to the port exit to pick up the others. This will work well and save $$ that you would have to pay for a very short cab ride! There are a couple of others that we will be picking up at the gate on this day. I will put this in your notes so we can expect to drive down to the gate to pick mom up.

I have a tour scheduled with Victor Bodden next month when we are in Roatan with the Carnival Legend. I was getting a little concerned about my mom walking in the heat to meet Victor's guide. I contacted Victor by email and told him we may be taking a taxi from the pier to his van. I got this reply from him --

What you may want to do is leave mom and another at the port exit gate (just past the taxi stand) and then the other 2 come over the hill to meet us. Once we have tourists in the van, Carnival will allow us down to the port exit to pick up the others. This will work well and save $$ that you would have to pay for a very short cab ride! There are a couple of others that we will be picking up at the gate on this day. I will put this in your notes so we can expect to drive down to the gate to pick mom up.

Thanks for that info. Similar concern with one in our party (though I attribute it more to laziness than his supposed knee problems - lol).

Anyone know how long this walk is? I looked at the little map & it appeared to me to be maybe 1/2 mile from ship to meeting point. How steep is this "Hill"? My family are all walkers so no issue there but not sure about our traveling companions. Can anyone who has done this answer???

Yes, we will be on the Legend the 15th, too. I'm getting very excited!

I think I saw in another thread where you will be in 4K cabins...if so we might be neighbors! We have four cabins booked 4136 to 4142. Say "hi" if you see us in the hallway. If not, we might actually run into each other getting to our Victor Bodden tour!

After waiting so patiently for this cruise...now it is hard to believe it is actually so close!

Yes, we have 4K cabins booked, too. I can't wait to see what our view is, but either way I am excited that we will have access to fresh air and light. Sorry, I am a city girl and don't feel comfortable putting my cabin number on here, but I hope we run into each other. I am traveling with my mom and two teen daughters. Have a good cruise! Let's hope for good weather.

Archived