Freedom Promenade Staterooms

We are thinking about a Sept 2011 cruise on the Freedom of the Seas.

Does anybody have an idea as to which Promenade staterooms would be the best as far as parade watching, convenience to elevators, noise level, etc.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

I've talked to people who thought deck 8 was too high. We've stayed on deck 6 and deck 7 both great. If late night noise is a problem don't stay over or across from the pub. We had a connecting cabin one time and never heard a peep from the people next door.

We had 8257, 8259, 8261, and 8263 - great cabins and very convenient to the elevators, but they are a little too forward to have a good view of the parades. I would suggest a cabin more mid-ship to get the best views. :) Also, I didn't find that our cabin was too high up; however, this is subjective. Obviously, you will have a better view with a cabin on deck 6. Since we had 2 sets of connecting cabins, I can tell you that we absolutely could hear between staterooms - they are NOT sound proofed! Personally, I would not book a connecting cabin unless I knew the person/s in the cabin next to mine or that was the only cabin option left to choose from. Again, just my two cents. :)

We have been on two cruises on The Freedom of the Seas. Both have been Deck 8 promenade cabins. We had adjoining cabins mid ship for the first cruise & they were absolutely fantastic! No noise problems & from mid ship you could see the enire promenade walkway! PERFECT! The second cruise we had the same cabins as QT Michele 8257 & 8255. These were not as desirable because you only could see the parade activity at the front of the ship. The noise could be a problem on the lower decks (6&7) from promenade noise. The 8th deck windows are slanted downward and you have amazing views of all the things happening below. I highly recommend the 8th deck!

Archived