Mama's Fish House Newbie

annecolorgreen

Hi! Our first trip to Hawaii is coming up and dh has made a reservation for a dinner at Mama's to celebrate our 25th anniversary :D. Unfortunately, he doesn't remember what time he made it for :rolleyes:. So...I'm going to have to call and check and may possibly change the time depending on what that time is.

My question: what is the best time for a reservation for dinner? I've heard the view/sunsets are amazing. Sunset in September will be 6:20-6:30'ish. What time would you get there??

Any must haves on the menu??

We are staying in Ka'anapali. Any ideas how long the drive will be? I don't want to get there late.

Thanks!

We went to Mama's Fish House during our visit last May to Maui and it was delicious! You can't go wrong with anything your order - all of the fish is caught by local fisherman and their names are listed beside the entree. We requested an oceanview table and were advised in order to do that, we should make the first reservation, which I believe was around 5. Everything was delicious and no matter what you choose, you will be pleased. It is pricey (about $50 per person) but a real treat - our kids had given us a gift card to Mama's and we enjoyed every second we were there!

It's about a 10 min drive from Ka'anapali. Very easy. You will love it!:)

We just came back from our trip and Mama's was the highlight restaurant. I would make my reservation very close to sunset because if you wind up in the middle of dinner, you will want to run out to take pictures. Depending on the sunset time, I would make a reservation about 20 minutes prior. Then you can have a drink, go out and take pictures and then relax and enjoy dinner. Everything was amazing. My husband doesn't eat raw fish but still talks about the appetizer that was raw with amazing marinade. Don't remember what it was called. Enjoy. You will love it!

Hi! Our first trip to Hawaii is coming up and dh has made a reservation for a dinner at Mama's to celebrate our 25th anniversary :D. Unfortunately, he doesn't remember what time he made it for :rolleyes:. So...I'm going to have to call and check and may possibly change the time depending on what that time is.

My question: what is the best time for a reservation for dinner? I've heard the view/sunsets are amazing. Sunset in September will be 6:20-6:30'ish. What time would you get there??

Any must haves on the menu??

We are staying in Ka'anapali. Any ideas how long the drive will be? I don't want to get there late.

Thanks!

It's about a 10 min drive from Ka'anapali.

Depends on your speed . . . it's about 25 miles each way.

Correct!- you should allow the better part of an hour to get there from Ka'anapali area...

enjoy! probably the best culinary experience on Maui (imho).

• 3 weeks later...

I was gonna say... boy you must be breaking some serious laws to get to Mama's in 10 mins from Ka'anapali!! :D One thing though - - Mama's is on the north shore and I'm not sure how good of a sunset you'll get from there - - but the view IS gorgeous and the food is phenomenal, although very pricey - worth it for your anniversary though! Have fun! ;)

Archived