Blues Cruise - Westerdam

mcnutz

Which sailing is the "blues cruise"? Is it a HAL driven thing like the "Big Band" trans Atlantic or is it a group cruise taking out a block of cabins?

We are about to book on RCI for 1/06 at the insistance of our 2 DDs as they think they would be bored on a "regular" HAL cruise based on our recent experience (and they might be right). But I think I could convince them that HAL is the way to go if this "Blues Cruise" looks attractive.

Thanks for the link.....this is right up my alley. :) I wish I had known about this before. I have a few cruises coming up the last one in Nov so Jan might be a bit too soon. :( Of course my dh & I will see what we can do to make this cruise......

Hi Shifra, we were on the "Legendary Rhythm&Blues Cruise" that sailed Jan. 22/29th. You can count on having the time of your life. Forget about the rules, for with this cruise they do not apply. The dress code is casual...shorts, tee shirts, swim suit, sandals! A week of fabulous music happening all over the ship! It's a loving, peaceful group of people who all have one thing in common.the BLUES:) The people...fans & musicians are all ONE. You can hang out, dine and dance with people you soon realize are major Blues musicians and recording artists. You will have a blast!

It truly is a "life-changing" experience and worth every cent. We will see you Jan. 8/15 on the Westerdam. Although in Jan. we were on the Zuiderdam, we understand the Westerdam is identical. A beautiful ship. We were in 8050, a SS verandah suite. It was perfect! We enjoyed breakfast every morning out on the verandah,,,to get us going for a full day & night of music:cool: :cool:

The staff was wonderful. It is actually a vacation for the staff, as they are able to join in on the musical festivities! All of the staff has a happy face (and feet:) ) and great attitudes. After speaking with many of the staff, it seems the pressure is off for the bluesers are an easy crowd to please. So easy to please in fact, there was a nasty upper-respiratory bug going around that I caught on our final day and spent six days in the hospital. Alot of sick bluesers, yet we are ready for the LRBC in 2006!

Archived