Back from SF to Alaska on Sea Princess

jobythebay

Hi, I am not writing a review (I get paid to do so:D) but I will be glad to answer any questions you have. For the next 2 days I'm in a hotel room while hubby goes to a conference in SF.

I know people have questions so I'll be online much of the time.

hi, how was the water between SF & Victoria?

I am not going to give you the impression it was dandy. It wasn't - it was rough. A lot of people were not happy. Having said that I am one that gets seasick. I found that taking Bonine (not Dramamine) 1/2 to a whole one twice a day didn't make me sleepy and I honestly did not feel at all quesy. (sp?) Also sucking on limes works! I always had limes with me. :rolleyes:

Will you be posting your review on any particular website or in any specific publication.

Bob

Hi I will try to get it done in the next couple of days (so many reviews so little time)! I don't think I can plug it here but I will give give out the link to my blog, which I believe is alright. My blog will have the link.

What was your favorite excursion and did you book it yourself or take the cruiseline ?

Great ?. Our favorite was in Juneau. We took a helicopter to Mendenhall Glacier. The dog sled part was cancelled (and we will get a refund) but walking on a glacier was an amazing experience. We even drank glacier water. We were given special boots so we wouldn't slip and slide. It looks like what I think Mars would look like. I'll try to post a picture but we are still in SF so I am using my cell phone as a modem. We didn't book with the cruise. We booked through Alaska Icefield Expedition who uses the very popular TEMSCO helicopters. A super smooth ride!

Ok can't seem to get a picture up.

Archived