Coffee Tour Kona

Hdog76

We wanted Kona to be a relax day..possibly on ship. BUT, we did want to visit a coffee platation/tour. Is there on in walking distance of pier/tender? If not, is there a preferred tour that is considered the best coffee plantation to visit in Kona?

We did this tour in January 2008 and we wouldn't do it again, felt it was boring and

more time was spent in the store which again was boring. The coffee is also not cheap which you would expect when your buying dfirect.

Now I don't know if the time of year makes a difference but the plant, roaster etc was not in operation.

If you want a relaxing day spend the morning at the ship pool then take the tender in which isn't that far of a ride and your right in the heart of the town for walking, shopping, cafes, bars etc.

We did this tour in January 2008 and we wouldn't do it again, felt it was boring and

more time was spent in the store which again was boring. The coffee is also not cheap which you would expect when your buying dfirect.

Now I don't know if the time of year makes a difference but the plant, roaster etc was not in operation.

If you want a relaxing day spend the morning at the ship pool then take the tender in which isn't that far of a ride and your right in the heart of the town for walking, shopping, cafes, bars etc.

GREAT Idea, thanks so much!!!!!!!

There might be a ship tour that includes a coffee plantation. Take a look at the options for your cruise.

We rented a car and stopped at Greenwell Farms. It was a free tour and very informative. The guide was interesting and I enjoyed learning about something I knew nothing about. Actually it was the "highlight" of my time in Kona. However, Kona was just not my port. I wished I had another day in Hilo instead. However, my DH and DD did thoroughly enjoy the snorkeling with Captain Zodiac in the morning and then just enjoyed relaxing the rest of the day. We caught up with them around 4:00 p.m.

Archived