Cabin Issues!!

Due to lack of knowledge... and proper planning/ research.. I just realized the cabin my beau and i booked on the carnival paradise, does not have the option to turn the 2 twin beds into a full bed :( i cannot get a good nights sleep if he is not lying next to me stealing the covers and snoring in my ear!!!

We are on a budget and cant afford an upgrade any ideas on how to manuver around this?? I dont know the lay-out of the rooms.. like if the matresses could be put on the floor side-by side... or if i could bring our air matress??

departing 2/14/05!!!

Did you try talking to someone at the cruise line office? We were given an upgrade on Princess which our TA accepted and then received our forms to fill out and were surprised to notice it said "non-convertible twin beds" on the form. Needless to say, this was not an upgrade to us:mad: Our TA said she'd never heard of this and told us to call the line direct. When I did, I was told that was the standard listing if the cruise line didn't know what the customer preferred and it was a simple matter to change the configuration.

Hopefully, the same can be done for you. GOOD LUCK

I agree, I have not heard of "fixed" twin beds in a room. Are there "pull downs" above? That may make a difference-. the lower may have to be fixed in that case. You can look in your cruise book at the cabin catagory and see what is noted for your cabin. I would still call the cruise line and see if you get a more definate explanation. Good Luck?

Alice in FL

Some of the older Carnival ships have many cabins with fixed beds. They can't be changed, and there isn't much extra room. I always wondered why anyone would make cabins like that - maybe to keep the ship from rocking too much at night? :) Fortunately, the cabins are small enough that you will still get the full benefits of the snoring.

Since it is the only type of room with one single bed, one bunk bed. I've never heard of two fixed twins before, but I guess it could happen. You could probably put one mattress on the floor, I don't think there would be enough room for 2 mattresses on the floor, though. Actually, the cabins are not all that small, 160 sq. ft., that is larger than some ships double size cabin.

There is always a possibility to upgrade at the pier, it doesn't hurt to ask. If all else fails, have a good time, laugh a lot and make some precious memories. On your next cruise, you will be sure to do more research before booking.

In all my research so far, I've never encountered non-convertable beds, unless the cabin only has one lower and one upper berth. (and these very small and very uncomfortable!) We were just on the Paradise a week ago, and our room accommadated 3 people (two lower twins and an upper berth) Both of the bottom beds were convertable. We had an ocean view, but I peeked into a couple of the inside cabins while they were being made up and noticed the two lower bed put together and one of the upper berths put into the down position.

I would imagine there are very few cabins where the beds cannot be placed together. Did you specify that you wanted beds together? I would suggest calling Carnival or checking at the pier.

Good luck!

Archived