Agent or P&O ??

Rasa Sayang

I read lots about how good the online agents pricings are as opposed to dealing directly through P&O.

We're doing a 7 day "milk run" to Vila in April with some friends who are doing their first cruise next year.

Thought I'd squeeze a "quickie" in while we are still working out our big one for next year.You know what its like - any sea trip is better than no sea trip. :D:p

The online agents dont [to me anyway] seem negotiable on their so called special deals on their websites.

Example

P&O W114 April 30 next year.

We like balconies on Baja deck and this wil be our 3rd cruise doing that on the PD.

P&O online price for code BC [balcony on Baja] is $1,699 plus $75 OBC.

Online T/A "A" $1,679 plus $75 OBC.

Online T/A "B" $1,672 - no mention of any OBC.

Online T/A "C" $1,667 - no mention of any OBC

On face value the best deal [when the OBC is considered] would seem to be Online T/A "A"

However, as a past passenger my quoted price from P&O was $1,368.[plus $75 OBC]

Quite a difference in favour of booking through P&O - or so it would seem.

I'm confused :confused: [but thats not hard to do ;)]

Hi Dennis,

I was actually comparing prices yesterday regarding the cruise P109.I have been looking at online travel agents and some of the prices are good,some not.

You mentioned past passenger discounts if you book with P@O .Are all past passengers of P@O eligible for this discount?

Regards Elaine.

You mentioned past passenger discounts if you book with P@O .Are all past passengers of P@O eligible for this discount?

Regards Elaine.

Thats what I cant figure out Elaine.

I just quoted the past passenger number they allocated me and ended up with the price I mentioned above.

A bit different to the book price.

I cant even say if there are better deals around as I'm not sure.

I'm reasonably happy with this price though.

Sandy: - you sound like you got a good deal.:D

Sandy: - you sound like you got a good deal.:D

Yes, Dennis, that's why we booked it. Hadn't planned it at all. In fact we were looking at the Sun Princess cruises out of Bris. but they are just the same old cruises and dearer, too. So we will try for a different ship in 2012.

I booked the Tasmanian Treasures cruise on the Pacific Pearl directly through P@0 as it had the best prices on the day.Our past passenger discount really made a difference in price.

We also received an extra $100 on the already offered OBC as we had a cruise cancelled by P@O a while ago that was due to depart next February.I had forgotten that we had been offered that OBC if we booked another cruise but am pleased that they remembered.

Regards Elaine.

Hi Dennis, we booked Pacific Dawn today direct with P & O for a departure this Saturday 21 August..:eek:

That's what I call a 'real' last minute and the deal was good, and like you say a cruise anywhere is better than staying at home. A week is a nice little break and I only have to count to 5 sleeps to go ;)

Jillybean:)

Some people will do anything to get away from the Gillard & Abbott circus. :D:)

Wish I'd have thought of it Jillybean. :p

Enjoy. ;)

Tehehehe.... I think I'd rather be sipping a cocktail and watching the sunset from a ship rather than have to watch the 'fall out' as it happens on every channel on TV on Saturday night...:rolleyes:

Did you know that P & O do offer OBC? I didn't, I thought only T/A's did.

Jillybean:)

The question you ask Dennis is a good one....

but I dont think there is any hard and fast answer to it, as I think it all depends on which cruise you want.

We saw a special advertised once and rang P&O direct, got nearly to the end of the booking and she gave us the price.

It was way above what an agent had advertised.

Sometimes an agent will go in and take a block booking that is theirs alone to sell. That means they can go ahead and pay for advertising , knowing they will have cabins to sell.

For the Best deals you just have to shop around.

Hi, I usually go online TA's, but last time looked up P&O site..their price was same as others.

went through P&O, got 2 upgrades, from cheapest outside( I,) ended up (DD.)

I was very happy.

always pays to check all TA's

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Archived