Kennedy Space Center Excursion

Louise922

We plan to go on an excursion to the Kennedy Space Center. The Carnival's excursions are each 7 hours which is too long for my family. We would like tofind out whether there are shuttles or taxis available from the Kennedy Space Center so that we can leave when we want and what they cost. Any suggestions?

I didn't do the excursion from a ship, so I can't help you...but you may want to try to look at the port-of-call boards for information.

I can tell you that I did go to the KSC once and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I would recommend it highly. It was quite an exciting day for us...a childhood friend of my Dh's and mine is an astronaut and was piloting the space shuttle. The lift-off was delayed however :( due to the shuttle being hit by lightning, and we couldn't stay in FL any longer to see the take-off, we had to get home. Seeing our friend's name and face pasted all over the walls of the space center was a bit surreal. :)

We are planning on doing KSC in Feb. I booked a van from Avis for about $100.00 and use tropicana points to get buy1 get 1 free admission into the center. I actually plan on using our credit card reward points for a avis gift card.

Have fun and happy planning!

Archived