Princess Vs P&O Australia

sunbaker

Hi there,

Have been on 2 x P&O Aust cruises.

Want to now try something much better quality.

Has anyone tried P&O Aust and then Princess, and can compare the quality for me???

A bit tentative bc every line looks good in the brochures but when you get on board things might not be as they appeared in the advertising: older, worn out etc..

Can't comment on a comparison, but wife and I did Sydney to Auckland on the Sapphire Princess 2 years ago and it was fabulous. Yes it was our first cruise and we are now hung up on cruising. We are doing Beijing to Sydney in November/December on the Diamond Princess (sister ship to the Sapphire).

Everything about the cruise and Sapphire P. was just great and we are looking forward to our next experience. While you will always get some people who are never satisfied, just accept this and get out of it what you want. Can really recommend Princess to you.:)

Can thoroughly recommend Princess over P&O Australia on several fronts.

On Princess - service is superior, more included options, less queues and quality if food is much better. It is well worth the extra $50 to $100 per person per day to travel on Princess.

The entertainment seems to be on par with each other. However that seems to be debatable depending on the age group of the traveller so I don't think comparisons can be made here.

However I distinctly can see that the service on P&O has markedly improved on the jewel since it's launch last December. We were on her last december and if thats the service that par for the company then the company should RIP as thats how bad it was.

Princess Australia is definitely better than P & O Australia.

However, if you want to really experience a quality cruise go with a Princess USA ship. Diamond Princess, Sapphire Princess will be over soon. Try and book a cruise on one of these ships, or, you can spend the money and fly overseas and experience an overseas cruise. You will be hooked then and you will never cruise P & O again. (except for the reaaaally cheap cruises you can get that give you a weekend away for less than $90 a day LOL)

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have ships coming over as well this year and next - you could give them a try (we are) Princess still remains our favourite though, but it is getting impossible to get reasonable prices for Princess cruises, they are slowly pricing themselves out of the Australian market. Maybe with a bit of competition now we might see them wake up to themselves and be reasonable (unfortunately, I think there is little chance of that)

P & O's advertising states they have superliners! What a joke!!!!!

Princess Australia is definitely better than P & O Australia.

However' date=' if you want to really experience a quality cruise go with a Princess USA ship. Diamond Princess, Sapphire Princess will be over soon. Try and book a cruise on one of these ships, or, you can spend the money and fly overseas and experience an overseas cruise. You will be hooked then and you will never cruise P & O again. (except for the reaaaally cheap cruises you can get that give you a weekend away for less than $90 a day LOL)

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have ships coming over as well this year and next - you could give them a try (we are) Princess still remains our favourite though, but it is getting impossible to get reasonable prices for Princess cruises, they are slowly pricing themselves out of the Australian market. Maybe with a bit of competition now we might see them wake up to themselves and be reasonable (unfortunately, I think there is little chance of that)

P & O's advertising states they have superliners! What a joke!!!!![/quote']

I think that Eileen has hit the nail on the head with her comments. We have travelled with Princess several times and always found their ships and service to be excellent. However, we have friends who have cruised with us and also done cruises on "Australian" Princess ships and they say that there is no comparison - it seems that Australia always gets the oldest ships that the cruiselines can no longer sell in other markets. E.g. all of the P&O Australia ships are the oldest ships from the P&O or Princess or Carnival fleets.

Garry:D:D

It's great to hear your words of wisdom. Really appreciate it.

I am a person who likes top quality accommodation and food, of course if I can get a bargain I do, but if I have to pay for that, I will.

I realise after spending 10 nights on Pacific Jewel last week, that is not really the standard I like.

It's great to hear your words of wisdom. Really appreciate it.

I am a person who likes top quality accommodation and food, of course if I can get a bargain I do, but if I have to pay for that, I will.

I realise after spending 10 nights on Pacific Jewel last week, that is not really the standard I like.

Well, if you think that Pacific Jewel is sort of ordinary, you should try the other ones.:eek:

Do yourself a favour and book a US Princess, RCCL or Celebrity cruise. Pay a bit extra. It is worth it. :)

Archived