Extermly disapointed in Costa customer service

travelfar

My husband and I have cruised before with Carnival. This time I received a flyer in the mail with what looked like a really good price from Costa. When I called to book, that price wasn't available and they couldn't find that promotion code. Although I feel like we recieved a bait and switch, I still booked a cruise and paid in full Dec 3. I have expericed nothing but problems from their employees. What I have experienced: bait and switch on the cost of our trip (booked directly with Costa), unanswered phone calls, unanswered e-mails, incorrect passenger information, no cruise documentation until 4 days before departure even after dozens of calls, and today I was offered a cake for our table to make up for the horrible service we have received. I have spent time on the phone with Costa personnel nearly ever week since paying nearly $3000 for a trip that until yesterday, I had only a bill to show for it.

I certainly hope the trip is better than the customer service I have received. :mad:

We booked our Costa Cruise through an online travel company, which acted as a go-between whenever we had a question. Not only was the price very reasonable ( we booked in June for a cruise the following January ), but they were most helpful and responsive, both by email as well as by phone.

I would not hesitate to go that route again. In fact, the one time I contacted Costa by email - to enquire after the whereabouts of our tickets - they referred me to my travel company.

Archived