Who scored the best cruise deal for 2006?

ellikitten

I to would like to know if it pays to book early and where can you find the best deals. I always use a local travel agent only to find out later I may have paid too much. If you would like to e-mail me with the best place to find a cruise, please do so. Any information you could pass along to me would be great. We are planning another for next year.

Just wondering if it really pays to book early! :)

~elli

Yes Kitty, it is cheaper. We booked a cruise through Travelocity last June and the price went up $50.00 the next month. We also have a trip booked for 1/7/06 that is already up $10.00. Normally the prices go up about 5 or 6 months before the trip. The only exception being a last minute purchase. If I lived closer to a major port I would be on the lookout for a cheap cruise every week. And be sure to check out the travel websites as my best deals have come through Travelocity and Priceline.

Book early and stay late and remember the Captain when you cruise.

Capt. Curt (aka Clackey)

We were able to get a jr. suite on Vision of the Seas for $549 for 4 day cruise in Jan of 06. Our friends got balcony cabins for $379 for the same cruise.

How did you obtain these deals - travel agent/on-line??? We are taking our 3 daughters and their hubby's and a grandbaby on Caribbean cruise next year. eek.gif Looking at one of the Royal Caribbean Voyager cruises because of all of the onboard activities. We would like to have 3 balconies and one suite. Do you think we could work a better deal because of getting 4 rooms? wink.gif

Book early, shop carefully.

Generally cruise lines reward early bird bookings, not to mention you have the pick of the cabins! A big plus, you also have forever to pay it off pre-cruise AND if the fare does go down, you can have your rate adjusted.

Finding a good TA can be like a needle in the hay stack but they're out there. Some belong to larger groups that can offer a group rate, as they've booked a group of cabins, on a variety but not every ship. This can save you a few hundred at times, depending on sail dates and sometimes there are additional perks like shipboard credit, wine, beach towels,etc.

A good TA can also keep you informed as they get hundreds of specials falling on their desks WEEKLY!!

Because of a combination of all of these factors pricing can fluctuate continually but in general, only goes higher as time goes on, until near end when and if they've got left over cabins to unload.

Archived