NOT Anti-Kids, Alternatives, Etc...I am ANTI-This!!!

globe9

Let me see if I got this right. You are a parent of a 9 year old child and you intentionally tripped someone else's child and caused him to go flying?? And upon reflection of your actions, you're not ashamed of your behavior but instead are proudly posting about it here? Wowzie. I don't have a response.

Actually, it seems like you did!

Actually, it seems like you did!

No, at the time I was so stunned I didn't. To think someone believes it's perfectly acceptable for an adult to trip someone else's child and then complain that the child only fell on the floor instead of overboard. Wowzie! That was the most shocking post I've read.

I couldn't agree more. Luckily it was a child who ticked her off who wasn't injured when she tripped him. An elderly person may not have been so lucky.

You misunderstood....

I meant...if the kid (who first tripped the little girl) tripped the elderly person, and caused a broken hip

NOT...if the mother tripped an elderly person

Or suppose...after tripping the little girl...the responsible child continued his escapade...and tripped YOU....causing a broken nose and missing teeth?

Again...I think it a good thing that tracyanns tripped the child who knocked her daughter down. Maybe he got the message...and thus a more serious "knockdown" was avoided.

You misunderstood....

I meant...if the kid (who first tripped the little girl) tripped the elderly person, and caused a broken hip

NOT...if the mother tripped an elderly person

Or suppose...after tripping the little girl...the responsible child continued his escapade...and tripped YOU....causing a broken nose and missing teeth?

Again...I think it a good thing that tracyanns tripped the child who knocked her daughter down. Maybe he got the message...and thus a more serious "knockdown" was avoided.

What if an elderly person knocked down tracyanns daughter? Would it still be ok if tracyann tripped them? Or is it only ok for tracyann to trip children and not other adults? :confused:

What if an elderly person knocked down tracyanns daughter? Would it still be ok if tracyann tripped them? Or is it only ok for tracyann to trip children and not other adults? :confused:

If it was done maliciously....yes it would be ok.

How would you handle it?

To be honest it seems to me like your the one being rude....

Yes, I'm 20 and part of the younger generation that's not being thaught manners buti disagre! I wait to enter the elevator until everyone has left,

or slide over if someone is coming by and if I notice someone behind me I'll hold the door open for them, however while it is polite I don't think ts rude to not hold the door open.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out why YOU said u weren't going scoot over to let them pass but you expect them to and then admit to hitting/jabbing the

??that is extremely rude! Same with the snide comments

Wow, you really think it's not rude to hold the door open, or really, let it close on someone? I do believe the intent of the scoot over, is when people that generally walk in groups, will not yield. It's like playing chicken. On the campus I work, so I see thousands of rude 20 year olds, it is a chicken game, but usually, I just don't move, and at times have banged into students, which causes a chain reaction. Just ask if they really expected me to move onto the grass for them? Funny?

I really do agree with the poster, and yes, the level of rudeness goes beyond the cruise, it is part of everyday life, but on the other hand, it is still not the majority, which is a good sign.

If it was done maliciously....yes it would be ok.

How would you handle it?

First I would stop and attend to my daughter and ensure she was ok. Then I would report the incident and location to the ship's security along with a detailed description of the elderly person. I would let Carnival handle it from there checking their security tapes until they could track the person down.

If you don't like the topic, than why not just move on to the next thread?

Most (but not all ) are pretty much like this one.

Your right of course, it's my fault.

I was led to believe Criuise Critic boards were something different, my mistake.

Im used to the one being crammed up to the wall while a group walks side by side. Never been on a cruise before but it seems no matter where I go its me who gives. I would never jab them because I don't think two wrongs make a right although I understand the frustration because it is rude but there are rude people everywhere. It's not only a lack of manners but lack of GOD. Yep I said it.

Me too! What a fun cruise that would be. :D

It's hard to tell from my font, but I really am a nice guy. :p

If we're on a cruise sometime together I'll buy you all a drink!

Well . . . not actually "buy", if you bring a Coke to my cabin I'll pour some rum in it for you.

I didn't read all of the posts in the thread, so if someone has already mentioned my pet peeve, I apologize for repeating!!

I hate it when you're on the bus to Progreso and there is no room for you to sit down and not a single man on the entire bus will be chivalrous enough to get up to allow a woman to sit. Or at least move your child into your lap so there is an extra seat!

Three women had to stand all the way into town last time cos not a single man was gentleman enough to offer his seat. I was steaming by the time we got to town!

I hate it when you're on the bus to Progreso and there is no room for you to sit down and not a single man on the entire bus will be chivalrous enough to get up to allow a woman to sit. Or at least move your child into your lap so there is an extra seat!

I agree with that one! I've seen that happen SO many times. I always give up my seat for a woman or elderly man. If there are more seats needed, a healthy "You are welcome, I was taught real men stand for a woman." That statement combined with a few targeted searing looks and the seats usually open up.

I see a lot of wives elbowing their husbands.

I agree with that one! I've seen that happen SO many times. I always give up my seat for a woman or elderly man. If there are more seats needed, a healthy "You are welcome, I was taught real men stand for a woman." That statement combined with a few targeted searing looks and the seats usually open up.

I see a lot of wives elbowing their husbands.

While I'm normally not in favor of sticking out my elbow and jabbing people :D I have been known to give my hubby a slight nudge with mine in a situation such as this and he obliges.

It's hard to tell from my font, but I really am a nice guy. :p

If we're on a cruise sometime together I'll buy you all a drink!

Well . . . not actually "buy", if you bring a Coke to my cabin I'll pour some rum in it for you.

Sounds good. Let's invite Toby for that drink, shall we?

the parents fIt's ault !

PaulandFran, I think it is rude for you to comment on just about every post :cool:

You get a 50/50 vote there from me.

I agree with the first statement. But some posts strike a chord with some people and venting here is better than beating your dog.

Hey!actually Ive lived in Tallahassee for the greater part of my live.lol.I can't wait to get out of here though.I'm really not a fan.

I get that the people should move and completely agree with that but the op seems to think is ok if they hit the party of rude. Which I don't agree with at ALL!

As for the other comments directed at me, I for the most part hold the door open but lately it seems like as I'm standing there they just look at me and don't seem to know what to do! So lately Ive just knda had it stay open a bit longer but don't stand there and hold the door open as much..

Also if I get in someones way(or they mine) I'll say "sorry" or "excuse me" and they don't mutter a word back!and I'm talking about people old enough to be my parents(40s+).

I learned from my aunt and uncle all about manners, and I'm talking crazy manner things like we couldn't sit at the kitchen table with our hair down,andthen elbows,fork placement,proper knife and spoon usage....

I'm with you; I have my own kind of manners. It's the "do unto others" kind of thing, but I feel weird holding the door open for someone who's not right behind me. Here's why...if you're a half-block away, and I hold the door for you, am I making you run to partake in my courteousness?

I've thrown a few elbows on a crowded dance floor, but never in a hallway. The lights aren't dim enough.

As for the messages directed to you, I'm brave on a darkened dance floor, and when behind the wheel. Others are emboldened when sitting behind their keyboard.

Oh, cats then? Can I come to that drink y'all are having?

No I'm an animal lover. I wouldn't even beat a chair buzzard. And sure you can join the merriment. But just be aware the rum may have at one point been either directly or indirectly in contact with snydermann's undergarments. :eek:

I didn't read all of the posts in the thread, so if someone has already mentioned my pet peeve, I apologize for repeating!!

Three women had to stand all the way into town last time cos not a single man was gentleman enough to offer his seat. I was steaming by the time we got to town!

I'm confused...why should a man give up a seat to me just because I'm a female?

If I'm old, pregnant, handicapped etc....ok

But...I'm none of the above.

Don't men get aches and pains and sore feet...or just tired....?

They deserve to sit.

(I won't lie....I take the seat when offered...but it really isn't necessary. Makes me feel like I look old!)

No I'm an animal lover. I wouldn't even beat a chair buzzard. And sure you can join the merriment.

I knew you weren't an animal hitter, btw. I did get a dirty look from my puppies and kitties for even joking about it.

I like the way you stand your ground without being rude or obnoxious. Someone posted about a "Martini Happy Hour" - 4 martinis for $15. I'll participate in that in your honor.

Archived