Pssst the packing has commenced!

jwoap

Our cruise is 2 months away and i am already getting things packed and lists made. I am packing for me, my DH and 3 yr old son. I am still not sure which suitcases to use. We are going on a 9 day out of miami FL this time. We are driving from Oklahoma to Miami (2 day trip) and back. So we will need 14 days worth of clothes. We can have our laundry done for $25 half way thru the cruise so that helps some.

Take the Bonine at night (starting the night before the cruise) because it makes some people drowsy. I get drowsy, so taking it at night also helps me sleep LOL. My husband and son dont get drowsy.

I will welcome you to our beautiful city - however, it might not be AS beautiful this weekend as the weather forecast is for low to mid 60's and possible rain on Saturday. This is directly on the heels of being in the high 90's!

I'm excited for you because I know how it feels. We will be on the Star 2 weeks from your departure date, so please take good care of her! (I'm nowhere near even starting to pack!)

As for barfing - drink ginger ale, eat dried ginger, get ginger pills from the health food store - you see a theme here? It really does help.

Have a blast!:D

Call me wierd, but I'd rather have the cool and the rain. I live on the fifth floor of our building, in an apartment with no windows other than a slider and a french door, and it has been 100+ degrees for the past five days and no way to use my AC.

Ginger seriously works, and so do Sea Bands.

Call me wierd, but I'd rather have the cool and the rain. I live on the fifth floor of our building, in an apartment with no windows other than a slider and a french door, and it has been 100+ degrees for the past five days and no way to use my AC.

I'm with you - I much prefer the cool. But for people who are coming to Seattle (maybe for the first time) to leave on their cruise, it would be nice if it was at least clear. Seattle is such a beautiful city and a gorgeous port to leave from, so I'm always happy for the passengers who get to see our city in the nicer weather.

But yes, Karen, for you and I, and all the other 'too hot' people here in Seattle the last few days, I am LOVING this cool day!

I have a new co-worker who is from Boston. Yesterday she told me, "I moved to Seattle to GET AWAY from the heat and humidity - what is up with this hot weather?!"

I'm with you - I much prefer the cool. But for people who are coming to Seattle (maybe for the first time) to leave on their cruise, it would be nice if it was at least clear. Seattle is such a beautiful city and a gorgeous port to leave from, so I'm always happy for the passengers who get to see our city in the nicer weather.

But yes, Karen, for you and I, and all the other 'too hot' people here in Seattle the last few days, I am LOVING this cool day!

I have a new co-worker who is from Boston. Yesterday she told me, "I moved to Seattle to GET AWAY from the heat and humidity - what is up with this hot weather?!"

I moved here from a place where it almost never gets below 115-120 degrees during the day between the first of May and the end of October (Mojave Desert). I just "don't do" heat any more (the fact that I may have MS has something to do with that, I'm sure). I agree that sunny would be nice, but I want summer to be over....;)

I never thought this day would get here! I have begun packing, I think this cruise is really going to happen. Tomorrow is my last day of work!

I dreamt about the Love Boat last night. It was really wild.

excited!

Have a great time.

I moved here from a place where it almost never gets below 115-120 degrees during the day between the first of May and the end of October (Mojave Desert). I just "don't do" heat any more (the fact that I may have MS has something to do with that, I'm sure). I agree that sunny would be nice, but I want summer to be over....;)

Yeah and look at how easy it is to get to a crusie ship port from your front door now, I bet you couldn't do that in the Mojave either! :D LUCKY!

I will welcome you to our beautiful city - however, it might not be AS beautiful this weekend as the weather forecast is for low to mid 60's and possible rain on Saturday. This is directly on the heels of being in the high 90's!

I'm excited for you because I know how it feels. We will be on the Star 2 weeks from your departure date, so please take good care of her! (I'm nowhere near even starting to pack!)

As for barfing - drink ginger ale, eat dried ginger, get ginger pills from the health food store - you see a theme here? It really does help.

Have a blast!:D

I just wanted to say that I truly enjoyed your beautiful city, August 5,6,7,8th and 15th, before and after I was on the Pearl. I hope to return someday.

Archived