Pssst the packing has commenced!

jwoap

I never thought this day would get here! I have begun packing, I think this cruise is really going to happen. Tomorrow is my last day of work!

I dreamt about the Love Boat last night. It was really wild.

excited!

If you have any real concerns about being seasick, I would recommend what I have done after being sick on my first cruise. I now buy generic motion sickness pills and on the morning of departure I take one, and do that each and every morning during the cruise. Not sure if I would have needed it every day, but did not want to chance it again. It has worked for me all of my other cruises. I can just imagine your excitement about leaving in 4 days. Have a fabulous time and fun time. :cool:

I liked this thread so much, so far...that I thought it was worth re-capping:

1. I'm packing, I'm excited

2. Good for you, Love Boat helps...have a great time

3. Agreed on the Love Boat, have a great time.

4. Hope you don't barf.

5. Have a great time

6. Have a great time

7. There's more to cruising than Love Boat, but have a great time

8. Have a great time.

9. Recap.....one of these things is not like the others!

OP: Have a great time!

I never thought this day would get here! I have begun packing, I think this cruise is really going to happen. Tomorrow is my last day of work!

I dreamt about the Love Boat last night. It was really wild.

excited!

Have a wonderful time ... you sound very excited! Love that last day of work before taking off for vacation!

"Good grief, Charlie Brown," I'm leaving in 38 days, and I'm already 99.9% DONE packing. Now I just have to sit about and chew my fingernails until it's time for the limo down the hill to show up.

My thoughts exactly! I start "gathering" in the spare bedroom months ahead of time.:D

Have a great time, OP.

I liked this thread so much, so far...that I thought it was worth re-capping:

1. I'm packing, I'm excited

2. Good for you, Love Boat helps...have a great time

3. Agreed on the Love Boat, have a great time.

4. Hope you don't barf.

5. Have a great time

6. Have a great time

7. There's more to cruising than Love Boat, but have a great time

8. Have a great time.

9. Recap.....one of these things is not like the others!

OP: Have a great time!

Love your recap. Statement does look a little odd when you put it like that. Obviously the OP is worried about barfing since it's in their signature!

"Good grief, Charlie Brown," I'm leaving in 38 days, and I'm already 99.9% DONE packing. Now I just have to sit about and chew my fingernails until it's time for the limo down the hill to show up.

I'm like you. It's 32 days until we depart on our overnight flight to London but I've been tweaking our packing list for months and have actually started packing so I can see if I can actually fit everything I think I can. We cruise from the cold of Northern Europe, across the Atlantic to the Caribbean, so with all those different climates, choosing clothing has been a challenge. Fitting it into 2 suitcase and 2 carryons for the two of us is another challenge.

To the OP, I can understand your excitement. Your cruise is almost here!

Wow! I need to start packing! We leave for Seattle Friday morning at 7 am, and I'm not even packed! I'm working tonight, and leaving out of town tomorrow morning until Thursday night.... Guess I'll be doing some late night packing!

Luckily I have an excuse, we only booked the cruise last week, and I've been working every day since, so I could get the time off! I guess I'll just have to buy something there if I forget it! ;-)

See you on the Star Jwoap!!!!

Love your recap. Statement does look a little odd when you put it like that. Obviously the OP is worried about barfing since it's in their signature!

Well I will share my secret. I have a fear of throwing up. So there I said it. There's a name for it that my doctor gave me. I have had this stupid fear since I was a kid. When I was pregnant with my son it was hell as I was sick daily and actually went to the hospital because of it. Thank God for Zofran that's all I can say!

I am taking everyone's advice, starting seasick medicine two days before the cruise and wearing a seaband.

Worse case scenario I throw up. I know it's not going to kill me.

But still - I just hope I don't barf:)

One more stinking day of work!

Then I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm like you. It's 32 days until we depart on our overnight flight to London but I've been tweaking our packing list for months and have actually started packing so I can see if I can actually fit everything I think I can. We cruise from the cold of Northern Europe, across the Atlantic to the Caribbean, so with all those different climates, choosing clothing has been a challenge. Fitting it into 2 suitcase and 2 carryons for the two of us is another challenge.

To the OP, I can understand your excitement. Your cruise is almost here!

PS - what is OP? Something poster yes?

Yep, OP stands for original poster, the first person who posted. The abbreviation is used a lot on these boards.

Thank you. I am still learning the "lingo" from around these parts. Thank you again for your patience with a newbie.:)

I will welcome you to our beautiful city - however, it might not be AS beautiful this weekend as the weather forecast is for low to mid 60's and possible rain on Saturday. This is directly on the heels of being in the high 90's!

I'm excited for you because I know how it feels. We will be on the Star 2 weeks from your departure date, so please take good care of her! (I'm nowhere near even starting to pack!)

As for barfing - drink ginger ale, eat dried ginger, get ginger pills from the health food store - you see a theme here? It really does help.

Have a blast!:D

Archived