My Destiny wedding Review w/pics

tricy99

I’m back! First, I would like to give thanks to fellow brides for helping me along the way. Carnival did a WONDERFUL job, my wedding exceeded my expectations. TWE was very professional, polite and they catered to all our needs. Please be patient this is my first review. If you need any further info just ask ( I probably just forgot to include it I arrived at Marriott Biscayne Bay one day prior to my embarkation & my wedding day. We had a total of 47 guest, 10 non sailing. Miami heat was kicking. We checked into the hotel at 1230pm, we all scattered around to grab a bite to eat. When DH & I checked in we were named the guest of the day (we received 400 Marriott points) and the wonderful young lady at the front desk upgraded us to a suite. Here is a view of the boats from our room, on the 6th floor. We requested all high rooms with bay view. My parents were on floor 26. The Marriott was nice; they are going through a lot of renovations. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and were quite pleased. 6 of our guest stayed next door at the doubletreeLater that night, I have a cousin who owns a bar in Miami, so we packed up in hotel shuttle buses and party very very hard. Lol. We had a ball, he supplied the food and we supplied the fun.

The wedding & Embarkation

We were able to board the ship at 1130am. My wedding coordinator greeted me with a beautiful smile, Her name was Kim and she was amazing. I loved everything about her. She even wore our wedding colors (not intentional, lol). Kim was very nice, she kept me well informed and she reassure me that the day was going to be beautiful (Boy, was she right!!). Kim was gorgeous she had this aura about her self that was very classy and sassy! She introduced DH & I to Marta (our officiant), she swore that Marta was the best , Darn that Kim, she was right again. Marta did a faboulous job officiating the ceremony. My ceremony was about 20 minutes long and it was amazing. I had plenty of time to get dressed in the room and my BM’s went to grab a bite to eat. Our videographer came in and did my pre wedding interview and my photographer grabbed a few shots of me before the ceremony. I will tell you about the videographer and phiotgrapher next. Here are a few shots in the room prior to the ceremony

My bouquet was made by my dear aunt, It was GORGEOUS! I hope to find a better picture in these 3 SD cards I have. I will scan my professional pics nect week. I just got home today and I am quite tired.

My wedding was in the Criterion Lounge and my reception (1 hr) was just next door in the Down beat

Here is a pic of my stepdad walking me down the aisle.[/size][/font]

My girls had fans, made by my aunt as well. They were perfect. We received so many compliments.[/size][/font]

[Sorry fellow brides I did not listen, I used carnival cake topper. I was ok, it served its purposed. When we entered the reception, the sound tech accidently played the wrong First dance song. She fixed it immediately and the party continued. The drinks were great! Everyone had plenty to drink including DH and I. The cake……I cannot think of a word good enough to describe how good this cake was. Everyone raved about how great the cake was. By far the best cake ever! Future brides, you are going to love the cake!

We sad our good byes to our non sailers after a few pics together and we all went to our rooms to change. Our photoghaper name was Jishanth, videographer was Fredericko. Neither was pushy, they both respected the fact we did not want to get pulled away from the reception to take pictures. Although, I told DH prior to leaving that I did not want the phony back drop pictures, they came out gorgeous.

Our room was decorated compliments to our TA.

We cruised 5 days on Destiny to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. I will post the rest soon.

Congrats!!! I am soo happy for you!! I dont know if its just me though, but I can't see your pics. Would you mind reposting them or a link to them please?! Also were you happy with the hour reception? I am trying to deciede wether or not to switch to 1.5 hour.....

Congrats!!! I am soo happy for you!! I dont know if its just me though, but I can't see your pics. Would you mind reposting them or a link to them please?! Also were you happy with the hour reception? I am trying to deciede wether or not to switch to 1.5 hour.....

Sorry, my entire review did not come out the way I would have like. Yes, I will post a link to my pics my facebook has pics tricy99@yahoo.com. Yes, the 1 hour reception was short and I do not how the 1.5 would have been, but i wish I would have booked it

I am so happy that everything went great.

What cake did you choose?

Does the photographer works out a deal with the photo package?

I got the chocolate and vanilla with the strawberry filling,umm umm good. Well I wouldnt say that he worked out a deal, he threw in a couple of pics for us. :)

Congrats to you!!! I'm soo happy you had such a great experience!!!

I am getting married on Carnival Destiny in March..I would love to see your pics..I will send a friend request on FB.. Congrats again and thanks for the reassurance!! :-)

Heartfelt Congratulations on your wedding!! Thanks so much for the review, I'm so looking forward to seeing your photos. We're getting married on the Destiny in June-simply can't wait and am hoping for as great of an experience as yours seems to have been!

Congrats to you!!! I'm soo happy you had such a great experience!!!

I am getting married on Carnival Destiny in March..I would love to see your pics..I will send a friend request on FB.. Congrats again and thanks for the reassurance!! :-)

Hey just checking in with all my brides and brides to be...did I accept all your friend requests? Let me know I will be sure to do so :D

Archived