possiblity of last minute bookings in november

My wife and I were thinking of doing a 4 day out of tampa on november 18. Does anyone have any guesses what my chance would be to score a booking only 28 days out? My job doesn't schedule vacation until then so I don't know if I get the time off. Any insights would be appriciated.

Since that is a full week before Thanksgiving, I would guess that bookings won't be insane. If you are open with departure ports, Navigator cruises out of Fort Lauderdale on the 15th, so one or the other (if not both) is likely to be able to accommodate you. You may even find one or both on the "Tuesday Special Sales". http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

(You would fly all the way from Seattle for a 4 night cruise?)

My wife and I were thinking of doing a 4 day out of tampa on november 18. Does anyone have any guesses what my chance would be to score a booking only 28 days out? My job doesn't schedule vacation until then so I don't know if I get the time off. Any insights would be appriciated.

I don't think you will have a problem at all. You should be able to get on, most likely at a good price too.

Enjoy your cruise.

Jimbo:)

One of the travel agencies that advertises on here has something called a "90 day ticker" and it apprises you of the cruises that are available by date. There are currently cruises on other lines (Carnival, Celebrity, Norwegian & Princess) that are still being booked for the August 29 sailing date. The September 12 date is still being booked for RCI out of Port Canaveral. So, if you are thinking that you need to wait until 28 days out, you should be in good shape.

Princess, if you sign up for them, has last-minute cruising opportunities all the time. I got an email on the 16th advertising fares (including mini suites) on the Ocean Princess (London to Rome for 11 days) for August 21. The Ruby Princess had August 21 cabins open (but no suites). There are a lot of the lines that will add you to the list and send you the notices of these not-quite-booked cruises in time to let you really get some good deals.

Of course, you're into the holiday season at that point, but I would suspect that 28 days before the cruise date you could still find some good deals on a cruise, just maybe not always the one you want. That's the way we used to have to do it, and is principally the reason why we have cruised with most of the big names except Celebrity -- we got great last minute deals on all of them.

Good luck.

Thank you for all your input. That makes me feel better about it. I guess if it doesn't work that's just the way it is. Nov 18 is the only sail date that works for us because we are do it in conjuction with another event in florida after the cruise. That's why would fly from seattle for a 4 way. Btw. Thanks again

Shouldnt be a problem. We booked a last minute cruise for Thanksgiving last year on the Explorer out of Bayonne with less than 3 weeks to go. We had an Interior, and then someone posted on here that NJ Resident Rates for a balcony had dropped, so we got the balcony for a steal!!!

Archived