Boston Cruise Ship Terminal

westlab

The Black Falcon terminal is in south Boston, in the waterfront district. It's a pretty short distance from the airport (about five miles); when we were docked we could see the airport just across the water from our starboard balconies. No hotels in the immediate area that I noticed, since you had to walk a couple of miles to get to the city proper.

your best bet is a hotel near faneuil Hall. There is a Marriott long warf which is reasonably priced. Faneuil hall is a great area for visitors. Back Bay is too far. No matter where you stay you will need to take a cab.

Be advised hotels in Boston are very expensive.

Here is a great link to look for hotels. The hotels listed here are marked with distance from the terminal.

http://reservations.hotelguides.com/nexres/search/search_results.cgi?interstitial=done&avail=Y&bed_type=NP&src=10013434&address_lat_lng=42.344028%2C-71.033410&max_distance=10&poi_name=Hotels+near+the+Boston%2C+MA+Cruise+Ship+Port&smoking_pref=NP&tab=tab0&search_city_vicinity=1&t0_distance=10&chk_in=08%2F28%2F2010&doa_mm=08&doa_dd=28&doa_yy=2010&chk_out=08%2F29%2F2010&dod_mm=08&dod_dd=29&dod_yy=2010&num_adults=2&num_children=0&num_rooms=1&minorAge1=-%3F-&minorAge2=-%3F-&minorAge3=-%3F-&minorAge4=-%3F-&Go=Find+Hotels

Boston hotels are expensive, particularly in the fall with all the college activities and leafpeepers. I am not seeing anything good on Hotwire. The very best deal out there right now is the 4* Westin Waterfront on Kayak.com through Easyclicktravel.com at $167 ($191 with taxes). This deal is head and shoulders above anything else I am seeing. This is actually just about the closest hotel to the pier. You will be able to find cheaper hotels, but you will spend extra money on cab fares and they will not be as conveniently located.

To get to the Westin from the airport you have the option of taking the Silver Line bus for $2/pp to World Trade Center and walking one block. The Silver Line stops at each airport terminal and is like a giant rental car bus with a low step and luggage racks. The WTC station has escalators and elevators, so you're really only walking the one block.

What kind of budget do you have? Do you want to be able to do anything in Boston? Don't delay in making a decision. The college kids are starting to come back to Boston and their parents are looking to make plans to visit.

Thanks for all the advice.

We will be in Boston to cruise. Reservations (with points) at Courtyard Copley Square were made months ago before we decided on this cruise. Now, I need to add one more night and it is not avaiable with points. I can get Marriott Copley Square with points. I will try easyclicktravel.com.

we will have 4 nights prior to cruise in Boston. Suggestions of what to see/do? We are thinking about renting a car one day and heading to Rockport MA or Concord/Salem.

The Black Falcon terminal is in south Boston, in the waterfront district. It's a pretty short distance from the airport (about five miles); when we were docked we could see the airport just across the water from our starboard balconies. No hotels in the immediate area that I noticed, since you had to walk a couple of miles to get to the city proper.

Actually there are three major hotels in close proximity to the cruise terminal: Westin, Renaissance, and Seaport. All are pricey but if you check out their websites you might find that they are offering special rates for the dates you are interested in. Downtown Boston and several hotels (Hyatt, and Intercontinental among them, are about 1mile from the cruise terminal and several more (Marriott Long Wharf, Bostonian, Parker House, etc.) are near Government Center, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market which are about two miles at most from the pier. MBTA buses and the Silver Line can get you to and from Black Falcon very inexpensively. Taxis will also be available to take you wherever you want to go. You may need to book a hotel in a nearby suburb of Boston to get a reasonable rate or use Priceline to get something in the city at an affordable rate. Check out bidding for travel dot com to see what hotels people are getting and what their successful bids have been. Public transportation can get you from one part of the city quicker than taxis or driving, especially during rush hours when traffic can be a real problem.

We will be in Boston to cruise. Reservations (with points) at Courtyard Copley Square were made months ago before we decided on this cruise. Now, I need to add one more night and it is not avaiable with points. I can get Marriott Copley Square with points. I will try easyclicktravel.com.

we will have 4 nights prior to cruise in Boston. Suggestions of what to see/do? We are thinking about renting a car one day and heading to Rockport MA or Concord/Salem.

Definetly take the Marriott Copley Sq. It is convenient to everything. Shopping restaurants etc. It is across the street from the Duck Tours. It is also an "Old Town Trolley" stop This tour is a great deal With the pass you get the 2nd day free also a free 45 min harbor tour and admission to the Old State house. They also give senior discounts.Check out their website

Anothe website to check out is http://www.bostonusa.com

So is it Oct 1 that you need a room? And you will already be in Boston? Hotwire has a 3 1/2* hotel in Back Bay for $169 + tax for that date - probably the Sheraton. If you rent a car your last day and go out to Rockport/Salem or Lexington/Concord, you could get some good deals on Hotwire in a hotel outside the city. I'm seeing a 3 1/2* hotel with breakfast in Burlington/Woburn/Lexington for $79 on Hotwire - probably the Lexington Element, which is a completely new "boutique" hotel right off route 128. For the North Shore I am seeing a 3* for $76 in Danvers/Peabody which is probably the Crowne Plaza North. You could drive into the port in the morning, drop your luggage, return the car to Logan, and take the "T" back to Black Falcon.

Sorry - I didn't really pick up on the fact that you want a Marriott Hotel because of the points. Look at Marriott Long Wharf - there are rental car locations near there. But any downtown Marriott would be OK. There are also several nice Marriotts along route 128 if you do the rental car thing on the last day.

There are a lot of things to do in Boston in late September. I would recommend you sign up for groupon ( www.groupon.com) and get discounted tickets and restaurants for your trip. Sign up for the Boston one. This will help you save money. Visit Faneuil Hall a must do if the weather is nice. Walk Newbury Street. If you are here on a Sunday visit the South End open Market ( www.SOWA.com) The freedom trail, duck tours trolley tours the usual. You can get discount theatre tickets same day in the Coply Square area across from the Library. Visit the library which is amazing.

If you rent a car, I would recommend Newburyport MA which is a beautiful fishing town.

Good luck and have fun. If you like seafood, there are plenty of seafood restaurants on the waterfront.

Rockport is so beautiful. It's a great place to visit.

The North End, which is the Italian part of Boston, is very nice for walking around. Check out Mike's Pastries. (We live about an hour north of Boston plus our son goes to college right in the city.)

The Hancock building allows visitors, for a fee, to go to the top floor, What spectacular views!!!

Stroll along the Charles River during the day. You might see some college kids rowing. Ride a Swan Boat.

Hope some of this helps.

Rockport is so beautiful. It's a great place to visit.

The North End, which is the Italian part of Boston, is very nice for walking around. Check out Mike's Pastries. (We live about an hour north of Boston plus our son goes to college right in the city.)

The Hancock building allows visitors, for a fee, to go to the top floor, What spectacular views!!!

Stroll along the Charles River during the day. You might see some college kids rowing. Ride a Swan Boat.

Hope some of this helps.

Have they reopened the Hancock Tower Observation Deck? It has been closed for some years now. I read that there were plans to do so but not when it would happen. Barring that the Prudential tower has great views and a good restaurant on the top as well.

Not positive but I think the Swan Boat season will be over by October but if not check it out in the Public Gardens. Plenty to do and see in the city itself if you don't want to drive all the way to Rockport or the North or South shores.:) A good tour book for Boston can help you get the most out of your time here and the Boston CVB can assist you in obtaining up to date information on what will be open and available to you during your visit.

If you have enough Marriott Rewards points you might also consider the Renaissance hotel near Black Falcon. It is only a few years old and there is a Legal Seafoods Test Kitchen in the next block, a Morton's Steak house close by as well as a Silverline MBTA station where you can hook up with the T rapid transit network.

Have they reopened the Hancock Tower Observation Deck? It has been closed for some years now. I read that there were plans to do so but not when it would happen. Barring that the Prudential tower has great views and a good restaurant on the top as well.

Not positive but I think the Swan Boat season will be over by October but if not check it out in the Public Gardens. Plenty to do and see in the city itself if you don't want to drive all the way to Rockport or the North or South shores.:) A good tour book for Boston can help you get the most out of your time here and the Boston CVB can assist you in obtaining up to date information on what will be open and available to you during your visit.

If you have enough Marriott Rewards points you might also consider the Renaissance hotel near Black Falcon. It is only a few years old and there is a Legal Seafoods Test Kitchen in the next block, a Morton's Steak house close by as well as a Silverline MBTA station where you can hook up with the T rapid transit network.

Duh! I meant the Prudential Center, lovingly known as the Pru. Sorry for the misinformation.

http://www.prudentialcenter.com/shop/shop_detail.php?id=64

I remember Mike's Pastries cannoli. :-) My husband has not experienced Mike's, but I will make certain we get there.

Our son goes to Northeastern U. He and a friend walk 45 minutes each way just to get cannolis from Mike's. They do this once or twice a month. At least they walk off the calories before they even ingest them.:D

Archived