S-Class CS Frosted Window in Bedroom

Giorgi-one

We are booked in a Celebrity Suite next week on the Solstice. I recently found out about the frosted glass window between the bedroom and the living room. Seems like all the stupid interior designers did not work on the NCL Epic. Celebrity had some too. The whole purpose of having a separate bedroom is for privacy to sleep. My wife enjoys reading late at night so with the suite she can sit in the living room and read. Problem is the light will illuminate the bedroom while I am trying to sleep. In the mornings, my wife likes to sleep late, so when I get up and go into the Living Room and open the curtains to the balcony, I will wake her. Come on Celebrity - put some heavy curtains up inside the bedroom so passengers have a choice for privacy. Make sure the curtains eliminate the light thru the frosted windows. With or without privacy, frosted windows are tacky at best. I will be brining my brown paper and tape - I didn't see that listed under the suite amenities.

We are booked in a Celebrity Suite next week on the Solstice. I recently found out about the frosted glass window between the bedroom and the living room. Seems like all the stupid interior designers did not work on the NCL Epic. Celebrity had some too. The whole purpose of having a separate bedroom is for privacy to sleep. My wife enjoys reading late at night so with the suite she can sit in the living room and read. Problem is the light will illuminate the bedroom while I am trying to sleep. In the mornings, my wife likes to sleep late, so when I get up and go into the Living Room and open the curtains to the balcony, I will wake her. Come on Celebrity - put some heavy curtains up inside the bedroom so passengers have a choice for privacy. Make sure the curtains eliminate the light thru the frosted windows. With or without privacy, frosted windows are tacky at best. I will be brining my brown paper and tape - I didn't see that listed under the suite amenities.

I agree. My husband and I keep looking at the CS on S-class ships and the window plus lack of a dining table make it totally undesirable to us. We love the CS on M-class ships. It is these two factors that stop us booking an S-class ship.

Sue

Life sure is rough, isn't it....:rolleyes:

Life sure is rough, isn't it....:rolleyes:

Just wanted you to know we only booked the CS because I got it for less than the price of a balcony cabin on most cruises - last minute price cut by about 60%. Irregardless, it is a really dumb design. Good point by last poster about lack of dining table. Perks inlcude having butler serve meals in your room so you can eat off your lap. I would just drag the table from the balcony into the living room. Still a great cabin for the price as soon as I cover up the frosted glass window!

Archived