Inside vs Oceanview - should I switch?

TNM

I know! She's not on CC and getting correct info like me :D LOL...she's never been on CCL either, just NCL...now she doesn't want to change cabins...were considering moving ours to deck 2 ocnview and letting them stay where they are (which was a cabin right next to ours)...

This should be an even easier decision. I thought your friends were traveling in the same cabin with you. By all means, switch your cabin. Then you can have your friends visit you on your nice, bigger cabin with a panoramic window and a sitting area (neither which they have) and realize how missinformed they were.

Also, having some "space" between cabins may turn out ot be a blessing in disguise. That you're traveling "together" doesn't mean that you must be glued to the hip at all times, even when it's time to head to your respective cabins....

This should be an even easier decision. I thought your friends were traveling in the same cabin with you. By all means, switch your cabin. Then you can have your friends visit you on your nice, bigger cabin with a panoramic window and a sitting area (neither which they have) and realize how missinformed they were.

Also, having some "space" between cabins may turn out ot be a blessing in disguise. That you're traveling "together" doesn't mean that you must be glued to the hip at all times, even when it's time to head to your respective cabins....

Oh goodness, no way we would share a cabin with another couple lol..unless you meant it was just me and her (like a girls trip). But you are right, we don't need to be glued together...she's being stubborn saying we will be FAR away from everything and that it will be noisy (even if it was, noisy is the least of our concerns) and we will get seasick...so for $20 more total, sounds like a deal to me to change to ocnview!

one more piece of information for your friends.... if one is prone to seasickness at all, they are far more likely to feel it in an inside cabin.

your inner ear cannot reconcile balance when it has no message from your brain for a line of horizon.

i learned that fact years ago from my husband, who is an old salt himself.

he was right... the worst i ever felt was when i was lying down inside. he told me to look out at the horizon to get my bearings... even though the ship was tossing, it helped enormously!

one more piece of information for your friends.... if one is prone to seasickness at all, they are far more likely to feel it in an inside cabin.

your inner ear cannot reconcile balance when it has no message from your brain for a line of horizon.

i learned that fact years ago from my husband, who is an old salt himself.

he was right... the worst i ever felt was when i was lying down inside. he told me to look out at the horizon to get my bearings... even though the ship was tossing, it helped enormously!

Thanks for the tip...I think i've heard this before, but wasnt sure...

I think her main concern is that we will be far from the "action", but it's only 1 deck below the Main deck/lobby where dining room is. We can take elevators, however since I'm prone to packing on 5 or 6 lbs on every vacation (which takes me a whole month to lose again!), not from buffet as I avoid them, but from drinking alcohol, eating bigger portions than normal and not working out, I really, really want to take the stairs as MUCH as I can, except when wearing high heels at night of course.

Archived