ambris caye or caye caulker????

2girlsnlovefl

has anyone done both?? if so which did you prefer?? highlights of each would be great or suggestions on what to do at either spot would be great. thanks in advance

wadethegringo on these boards lives on Ambergris Caye (San Pedro on the water taxi stops). He can chime in on these stops, but I think he's crusing this week. It's an hour +1/2 from Belize City to San Pedro, Caye Caulker is 1/2 way between (45 minute ride). Given the times of the taxis and depending upon when your ship's last tender leaves, it's probably not possible to do both and get a full flavor of either. Most people go to Caye Caulker because it's closer. There's a couple of good caycaulker threads with maps and links on what to do there. Small shops, snorkeling a coupel of restuarants/bars. Mainly very laid back. San Pedro has a number of hotels and shops plus excellent restaurants and bars. It tends to cater to longer staying visitors though.

has anyone done both?? if so which did you prefer?? highlights of each would be great or suggestions on what to do at either spot would be great. thanks in advance

What about Goffs Caye? it might be a good alternative. I think we are going but i think our date might be after yours so no good to give you a report.

What about Goffs Caye? it might be a good alternative. I think we are going but i think our date might be after yours so no good to give you a report.

I beleive you need to hire a private boat or be a part of a private excursion to go there. Non-Belizeans pay a $5 fee, I think. Not a lot there, it's basically a spit of beach. But nice snorkeling off shore. It's only about 35 minutes away, versus 45 for Caye Caulker which does have restaurants and shops.

I beleive you need to hire a private boat or be a part of a private excursion to go there. Non-Belizeans pay a $5 fee, I think. Not a lot there, it's basically a spit of beach. But nice snorkeling off shore. It's only about 35 minutes away, versus 45 for Caye Caulker which does have restaurants and shops.

thanks crewsweeper

Thanks for the help, do you think Caye Caulker has better snorkeling than Goffs? i had a tour reply to me and they said they go to sergeants caye because it is nicer and less crowded but they were kind of pricey. and i looked and saw that carnival does a tour there so i have my doubts about how uncrowded it might be.

Archived