Best Day Sail for a Family?

GAcruiser417

I would suggest the 2 I am looking into. At this time they will only do half day since we are only 2 people and they need 4 to do full day sail and they only take 6 total. They are Island Girl and Jollymon. If you google them their websites will show up. They do pick you up right there in the port area with a dingy to their sail boat.

I was just wondering because we are going on a full day sail with Simplicity Charters in October. They sail from Red Hook. We have six passengers all coming from the same cruise ship and will be transporting to Red Hook together. Just thought there may be more to the story of traveling to Red Hook.

Last time we went to Red Hook the cab (bus) was $10 per person, each way. It was an open air bus. We didn't have any problems, but it was obvious that we were the only tourists. Also, I had to watch the kids carefully since there weren't seat belts or doors! If I go back to Red Hook I will probably look into an actual cab versus the bus.

Archived