La-Mexico no longer avail?

Jake112

Hi all,

I was looking to book my 1st Gay cruise for later next year.

I was looking at the La-Mexico one. however from what I have read Royal Carribean will be stopping do this from January.

Anyone know if there will be some kind of alternative? i have done many searches and only other one I can find is Southern Carribean for March next year.

I was hoping to go on a Cruise around October 2011.

From what i read teh Gay La-Mexico one was Very popular, so its a shame that it seems like it won't be avail after Jan.

Finaces and what stop me from doing a Cruise till late next year. So i really hope I can find something good. I am a 30 year old guy so would liek to go on a cruise that has a great party atmospher :)

Any suggetsions would be great.

Neither RSVP nor Atlantis have announced cruises for next Fall, so you may have to wait to see if either does a Mexican Riviera cruise in the time frame you want. Alternatively, you can look for gay groups on mainstream cruises, such as through Pied Piper or Aquafest.

Yes, RCCL is pulling the Mariner of the Seas from the LA to Mexico run as of Jan 2011. RCCL doesn't plan to put a replacement ship at this point. There was an article about this in CC:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4015

The last I heard from Atlantis that there won't be a Mexico cruise in Oct 2011 and at this point the only charters announce for 2011 is the Allure (sold out) and Serenade of the Seas (S. Carribbean) in March and RSVP's 25th annual Caribbean cruise in Feb 2011. As far as future all-gay charters beyond March 2011 nothing has been officially announced yet. You should just keep checking both RSVP and Atlantis' website. I'm sure by later this year or the first part of next year we should hear about additional cruises. You could also call Atlantis or RSVP directly to see if they could give you any info since most of the charters contract are signed years in advance. The reason the don't advertise too far out is not to dilute bookings for their current charters.

Thank you for the replies...

I iwll keep checking there website.

You have given me some hope that they may book something else instead for laet 2011. Well it would make sense if they are not doing teh LA oen to find something else.

I can't make it early next year so it will be great if they do, do soemthing later in the year :)

I am intrested in this also.

I heard that Atalantis will try to find something else . But some say there won't be one.

Hoping they do arrange another cruise even if its another Carribean one instead. the fall is a great time for a cruise.

Here is a response to an email Atlantis sent me about this.

Thank you for contacting Atlantis Events.

Unfortunately we will no longer be offering the LA to Mexico cruise after this year as you said. We are still looking for any possible replacement cruise ship but thus far we have found nothing comparable. We will update our guests and alumni on our website and via our newsletter about any upcoming vacation programs. We will have our Club Atlantis Vallarta in November 2011 however, if that is of interest to you.

So it doesn't look to good then.

I really hope they decide to maybe do an extra Carribean cruise later in the year or soemthing like that.

Would be a shame if they only offered the March Crusie next year.

Archived