Denali - Aramark will upgrade Natural History Tour to Tundra Wilderness Tour

wolfie11

I was in Denali yesterday and noticed a sign at the Riley Creek Store where I got my shuttle ticket (the WAC was closed already) that for an additional fee Aramark would be happy to upgrade your DNHT ticket to a TWT ticket. Sorry, I didn't notice the price, but it is probably for the difference between the two ($56). I would imagine that this same service is available at the WAC and the Aramark lodges.

BTW, I did the Eielson shuttle yesterday. Ten bear, including one at the TWT turnaround point so that people weren't allowed off the bus and another three very close to the road, a small herd of ~25 migrating caribou, Dall sheep near the road at Polychrome, and the top of a moose rack on the way back to the WAC. The DNHT people got to see the tip of the moose rack, period, and no Mountain.

I too have heard of Aramark of upgrading NHT tickets.

This is an option for some, "independent" minded people on cruisetours, since they have to get out of the Princess loop and inquire about this directly (which some people "can't do?) The sign was there in June, when I stayed there. There are shuttle buses to Riley Creek, to consider taking.

Now is the time to see the Caribou herding up, which is spectacular, and those bears should be on the "berry" load up, another wonderful sight. :)

IF people are at all interested in inquiring about this possibility, please post, and get yourself to Riley Creek Mercantile, right when you get Denali Park.

Archived