When does it get dark - September?

martinimadam

I'll be cruising 9/12 - 9/19 in the inside passage. When does it get dark that time of year? Trying to decide on early or main seating.

Why can't you just go eat when you get hungry? I don't understand this question??

Why can't you just go eat when you get hungry? I don't understand this question??

Thatis normally my M.O. when on a cruise ship:

a] eat

b] go do something really active

c] when hungry again, goto (a).

The trick to avoid gaining weight: only do © when you are actually hungry! No eating food just because it is there... :D

Cluedweasel - what a great site! I'll be adding it to my favorites.

bearbait - just in case you weren't being facetious, I prefer to dine at the "set seating" times, rather than in open seating. The cruiseline, Holland America, which I will be using, has both options available for their guests. I wanted to know how late it was still light to decide whether to dine in early seating (usually around 5:30) or late seating (usually around 7:30), so I could take full advantage of the scenery. Looks like late, or Main, seating would be the best.

There are many folks who like open seating, so they can just eat when they wish. There are also many of us who prefer set seating, so we have the same dinner companions and, more importantly to me, the same wait staff every night. Strictly a personal decision.

Archived