Il Lugano Hotel - Fort Lauderdale ??

jjb415

My friend stayed there a few weeks ago and loved it. I visited her and thought it was lovely. The pool area is minimal, but you can lie on a futon lounge chair and watch the boats go by on the intracoastal. The disadvantage is the distance from the hotel and airport, and it is several blocks walk to beach access. There are several good restaurants you can walk to. If you have a car and don't care if you are at the beach it's a very good choice.

My friend stayed there a few weeks ago and loved it. I visited her and thought it was lovely. The pool area is minimal, but you can lie on a futon lounge chair and watch the boats go by on the intracoastal. The disadvantage is the distance from the hotel and airport, and it is several blocks walk to beach access. There are several good restaurants you can walk to. If you have a car and don't care if you are at the beach it's a very good choice.

Thanks so much for the helpful information that you offer here on Cruise Critic. I got the hotel on Hotwire and plan on using public transport from the airport to Il Lugano and port. Seems pretty straight forward on a weekday in October.

Thanks so much for the helpful information that you offer here on Cruise Critic. I got the hotel on Hotwire and plan on using public transport from the airport to Il Lugano and port. Seems pretty straight forward on a weekday in October.

You'll have to take 3 buses to get near the hotel and 2 buses to get near the port entrance and then you'll have to walk to your terminal. Hope that it doesn't rain.

You'll have to take 3 buses to get near the hotel and 2 buses to get near the port entrance and then you'll have to walk to your terminal. Hope that it doesn't rain.

LOL, yeah, I hope that it doesn't rain also. :) The website for the Broward bus system is pretty good and I paid attention to the port area the last time that I passed through Port Everglades, so, things should go well. If it does rain, I'll likely take some sort of transport from the airport which is undercover (mostly).

The steet view part of Google maps is great for orienting yourself as to what to expect from particular neighborhoods.

Thanks again for all of the great advice that you offer here !!

Archived