Ultimate Packing Lists

Jazmine8

All, I thought I would share these lists with you that were once shared with me thru another Disney forum. These packing lists helped me a lot for my first Disney cruise.

Hope you all have a great trip!

Note* You may have to customize the lists to your specific needs. I can email you the original excel files if you post your email address here. The cruise board doesn't except excel file uploads, so I had to convert it to a pdf.

UltimatePackingList.pdf

Cruise_Packing_and_Tip_List.pdf

Travel checklist for plane trip1.pdf

Some of the stuff on those lists is pretty ridiculous. There's just no need to pack everything that's being suggested. For a cruise, lay out the clothing and then put half of it back. Find one color scheme and pack all clothes so all tops match all bottoms, and plan on wearing things more than once. The polo your husband wears for two hours to dinner on Tuesday night he can wear on your shore excursion on Wednesday. Wear on one pair of sandals, and pack one pair of sturdy shoes (sandals or sneakers or whatever) for walking shore excursions, and one pair of dressier shoes to pair with all dinner wear. No need to have an entire suitcase full of shoes! Ditto crap for the kids to play with in the cabin. Bring a few books/coloring books/crayons and one or two really small toys. (Think PVC characters, Matchbox cars, etc.) The less you bring, the less you need to worry about losing.

Rule of thumb, take half of what you think you'll need as far as clothing, etc. and double the cash you think you'll need.

Some of the stuff on those lists is pretty ridiculous. There's just no need to pack everything that's being suggested. For a cruise, lay out the clothing and then put half of it back. Find one color scheme and pack all clothes so all tops match all bottoms, and plan on wearing things more than once. The polo your husband wears for two hours to dinner on Tuesday night he can wear on your shore excursion on Wednesday. Wear on one pair of sandals, and pack one pair of sturdy shoes (sandals or sneakers or whatever) for walking shore excursions, and one pair of dressier shoes to pair with all dinner wear. No need to have an entire suitcase full of shoes! Ditto crap for the kids to play with in the cabin. Bring a few books/coloring books/crayons and one or two really small toys. (Think PVC characters, Matchbox cars, etc.) The less you bring, the less you need to worry about losing.

Rule of thumb, take half of what you think you'll need as far as clothing, etc. and double the cash you think you'll need.

As I stated before, I'm sharing the lists that were shared with me. You can either use it or not, and modify it to fit your needs. Just because you don't think it's worth it or ridiculous others may find it useful and tailor it to their family's specific needs. I used what I thought was revelent to me and my family and I didn't use, bring or do everything on those lists. Guess some ppl just can't see the bigger picture:rolleyes:

Archived