waterproof cameras

2girlsnlovefl

Asking what is one's "favorite" or "best" and you'll likely get people chiming in with about every personal and different model they have. Who knows maybe the one which is really the "best" might be a lurker and never post. And what is my favorite or best will be different then yours depending on what my priorities are in a camera between size, performance, price, image quality, ergonomics, etc.

My suggestion is read the review and go down and try the camera and see which fits your hands the best. There really is no bad camera but some choices are driven by ergo and others by what your priorities are.

No question the newer models for any manufacture are trying to beat last years models in some way or form or shape, but is it better or favorite only you can answer

Now if you were asking me about DSLR that would be different :D

Happy shopping

have any of you tried some of the newer models and if so which were your favorites?? we are thinking of getting one before our cruise.

The Canon D10, Sony TX5 and Pentax W90 are at the top of the heap in performance and features. Any one of those would be a fine choice. They all use SD cards, have proprietary Li-ion batteries for extended shooting on a charge and take good photos out of the water as well.

In the sub-$200 range, the choices are pretty good as well with Fuji, older Olympus and lower-end Pentax models. Vivitar has a couple of models under $100.

With this area of technology being as competitive as it is, you will find that the $300 cameras are actually better than the cheaper models in terms of performance and features (optical stabilization, in-camera panoramas, movie capabilities, etc.). If you are looking for a dual-purpose wet and dry pocket camera, the best bang for the buck would be with any of the three previously mentioned. If you want a wet-only occasional use camera to supplement a camera you currently have, consider one of the cheaper ones for "splash time".

Whatever you get, happy shooting!

Dave

Archived