Secret Outside Deck At Front Of Coral And Island Princess?

rienreiter

We was on the Island to Hawaii 4/19 and had a cabin on the Aloha deck, which was directly under LOTUS. If you go out the aft door there is a small deck area with steps that go up to the Lotus deck. Halfway up is a soaking pool that that not many know about. Since the Lotus Spa is also at the aft of the ship it is unused after they close.... that is unless you choose to take advantage of it!

Harold

We just returned from the Coral, and we used that pool almost everyday. It never appeared to have anything to do with schedule for the Lotus Spa, it was always available. Two very nice young boys (only about 4 young people on board plus one baby) were in it from the "Off Limits" teen center once when we were there. Other than those two maybe at most 20 adults on the deck, very few actually got in the pool. Lots of lounges and chairs available. Bar service was always available also. Great spot to enjoy and yes very few people found it all during the 165 days.

Anyone know of outside forward decks on the Regal? On the pictures I see a covered pool, must be for the crew but is this area accessable to the general public at any time.

The forward bow crew pool area can be covered with a wooden deck for additional viewing. We were on a Canada / New England cruise and it was accessible through the theater balcony port side. You had to go through some doors to make your way up front but it was "open" (meaning not locked) on embarkation day. I went out there for some pics before we sailed. I understand they do use it for additional viewing for Glacier Bay / Panama Canal days.

There is another forward deck right below the bridge that is accessible and specifically for the passengers. There is just a railing (no lounges or chairs). It goes the width of the ship. We went out there while in port in Halifax for a view and pics. I am sure it is open when not windy. It is accessed like the Dawn by going all the way forward on the deck below the deck the bridge. There are both port and starboard doors as I remember

Anyone know of outside forward decks on the Regal? On the pictures I see a covered pool, must be for the crew but is this area accessable to the general public at any time.

I forgot exactly what deck it was on, but it is one deck below the bridge. The door is located on the port side. I think it said to keep the door closed. It's REALLY dark out there at night.

CP is caribbean princess

Hi!

There is a wonderful deck on top of the Bridge. You get there by going all the way forward on the Lido deck and through the doors. One of my favorite spots on the Caribbean Princess!! (It is for the public) There are no chairs, but it is a wonderful spot!! :D Usually it is pretty breezy out there, so careful if you wear a skirt! :eek:

These forward outdoor areas are normally marked "crew only" since they can be be very windy and somewhat dangerous while the ship is at sea. They will open them to passengers during calmer conditons such as Canal transits, etc.. :cool:

We was on the Island to Hawaii 4/19 and had a cabin on the Aloha deck, which was directly under LOTUS. If you go out the aft door there is a small deck area with steps that go up to the Lotus deck. Halfway up is a soaking pool that that not many know about. Since the Lotus Spa is also at the aft of the ship it is unused after they close.... that is unless you choose to take advantage of it!

Harold

For some reason people seem to think that is the kids pool. Maybe because it is located behind the kids center?? But you are correct it is usually very quiet back there.

Scott

These forward outdoor areas are normally marked "crew only" since they can be be very windy and somewhat dangerous while the ship is at sea. They will open them to passengers during calmer conditons such as Canal transits, etc.. :cool:

On the Caribbean Princess, the deck on top of the Bridge accessible by going totally forward on the Lido deck is not a crew only deck. There for all to enjoy!! :D

Thanks for that info. We are in L218 on the Caribbean, and I was a bit worried about being so far forward, but that "secret door" sounds interesting. Just another fun surprise while cruising.

Thanks for that info. We are in L218 on the Caribbean, and I was a bit worried about being so far forward, but that "secret door" sounds interesting. Just another fun surprise while cruising.

That will be a great place to be!!! The only place that I ever really felt an unbelievable amount of movement was on the stage and in the backstage dressing room of the Princess theater (taking the tour). We were really surprised at the movement up there. But you will not be that far forward on the Lido deck. We were in E233 on that same trip and there was not the movement there, or on the deck over the Bridge which would be farther forward than your cabin. We love the Caribbean Princess!!! They have really worked out the things they needed to change even from when we were on last fall. I'm sure it will be a wonderful trip! I wouldn't hesitate at all to book a forward room on the Lido deck like that!! In my opinion that is a wonderful spot!! There are many things that you will find so convenient, which I'm sure is why you booked that deck!

Barbara:D

Barbara, thanks for your reply. We were on the Diamond, cabin A735, BC category and aft. We enjoyed the location so much I booked a guarantee BC on the Caribbean hoping to get back on Aloha deck. Well, I was "upgraded" to a BA..no, not a mini..onto Lido deck, forward and "up high". I was a bit concerned and it was so opposite to what I was familiar with. After reading your thread and others it looks like we will enjoy this new location and we do like experiencing new things. All in all it really doesnt matter where we are located on the ship, we just love cruising no matter where we lay our heads.

Barbara, thanks for your reply. We were on the Diamond, cabin A735, BC category and aft. We enjoyed the location so much I booked a guarantee BC on the Caribbean hoping to get back on Aloha deck. Well, I was "upgraded" to a BA..no, not a mini..onto Lido deck, forward and "up high". I was a bit concerned and it was so opposite to what I was familiar with. After reading your thread and others it looks like we will enjoy this new location and we do like experiencing new things. All in all it really doesnt matter where we are located on the ship, we just love cruising no matter where we lay our heads.

We've found that there are advantages in every location on the ship. We do love the aft on Aloha on the Grand or the aft on Riviera on Caribbean (right out the aft door to the pool and right up the steps to the Buffet!), but we have been midship and forward also on the Caribbean and found we liked those locations also. I agree with you, "we just love cruising no matter where we lay our heads."!!!

It seems the movement in the aft is a definite rocking back and forth, where the movement forward is more of little swishing -- :D it's really hard to put it to words isn't it!!

Barbara:D

We just got off the Island Princess - the only "secret" deck forward is on Baja deck (Aloha is the bridge so you can look up at it from this vantage point). The door is not marked "crew only" - just "close door gently, passenger cabins nearby". You do go through 2 doors to get there, no lounges but great views as you sail away from port. Bring jacket/warm gear as it gets windy and chilly.

Aft, there were 4 "secret" decks - not so secret really - Decks 8 and 9 for standing, 10 and 11 had lounges. Some of the oceanviews have windows to these desks so if you have an aft cabin here folks can look right into your cabin!

I was recently on the Coral. There was an outside deck on the bow accessible from a door on the Dolphin deck. I don't remember what the sign on the door said. There was a high steel wall around the outside area so it was not good for taking photographs. When I returned from this area, I was asked "Are you part of the crew?"

Were were on back-to-back Alaska cruises on Coral in May 2004, and used those marvelous front decks all the time once we learned about them. You go all the way forward on Baja and/or Caribe, maybe both (memory is fuzzy -- NOT Aloha though, that's the bridge), and go through the doors whose signs don't look very inviting, and there you are in a great place. Although we were in direct view of the bridge above us, no one ever seemed to care a whit that we were there; sometimes crew members were out there with us. They were THE BEST places for viewing glaciers. Too windy when the ship is underway in a serious fashion, but for slow stretches in the Inside Passage, Lynn Canal, and especially Glacier Bay -- awesome!

Archived