Freedom of the Seas - Dec. 12, 2010

FL24K

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All! Our first time on this ship and looking forward to it. Also first time leaving from Cape Liberty Cruise Port N.J. Coming from hotel by La Guardia Airport. Any recommendations of affordable passage from Flushings to the port?

We just got off Freedom of the Seas 2 weeks ago. Loved it. It's a great ship, showing some age (but aren't we all).

Have fun, I'm envious.

FOS will be in drydock in March/April time-frame. I'm sure they will do a bit of a nip and tuck on her then. She's getting the cupcake pantry and a couple of other new things added. I'm excited. We will be sailling FOS in July 2011. YEA!!!

This will be my third time on the Freedom of the Seas, and I have another cruise on the FOS booked for the Dec. 12 sailing. I live only a little over an hour from Port Canaveral. The service, food and activities have been excellent. What a great ship!

Hi, all. I've got a question about dinning. Are there any particular strategies to have a good dinning experience? Only other cruise I've been on was with 9 other family members...so dinner was always at "our" table. I'm a little worried about getting stuck with "Rush Limbaugh and gang" for our meals. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome!

We are currently set for the my-time dining, or whatever it is called. But need to dial this in soon and figure out what we're doing.

Thanks!

Curt (& Rob)

Until my last cruise, I reserved permanent seating. I much prefer open dining. We had no difficulty being seated when we were ready, and we didn't have to deal with incompatable tablemates. Try it. You'll like it!

Archived