Personal belongings on the beach

sharri34

Hi guys,

I was wondering is it safe to leave personal belongings on the beach? Mainly Isle of Pines and Lifou? Coz Both me and my bf would want to go snorkling together (And its only the two of us going together). We've already bought an underwater pouch to hold our cruise cards and money, The only Camera we'll bring onshore with us is an underwater camera, so would be with us ALL the time.

Would it be safe to leave your bag and clothes and towels on the beach when you go in for a snorkle??? The last time I went on a cruise was 5 years ago, and there was alway someone from our group who would stay back, so never thought about that problem until now...

Hi guys,

I was wondering is it safe to leave personal belongings on the beach? Mainly Isle of Pines and Lifou? Coz Both me and my bf would want to go snorkling together (And its only the two of us going together). We've already bought an underwater pouch to hold our cruise cards and money, The only Camera we'll bring onshore with us is an underwater camera, so would be with us ALL the time.

Would it be safe to leave your bag and clothes and towels on the beach when you go in for a snorkle??? The last time I went on a cruise was 5 years ago, and there was alway someone from our group who would stay back, so never thought about that problem until now...

hi sharri, if you put your things near someone else off the ship and asked them can they keep an eye on things it should be ok

Hi sharri

We have never had a problem with our stuff on the beach.We alo have an underwater camera so that is always with us. All the people around you will be from the cruise and hopefully trustworthy.

I am so jealous...Lifou is my favourite snorkelling place. You will love it and I am sure will spend plenty of time in the water. Enjoy....

Catherine :)

Speaking mainly for Lifou, If you plan to take your cruise card, money & Camera snorkeling with you, i can't really see what else you'd need on an island that's worth stealing. Even the clothing you'd need is minimal, and the towels are P&O's issue ;)

If you did have anything else like a big camera, just tender it back out to the ship before you go swimming. There's plenty of time.

..If you did have anything else like a big camera, just tender it back out to the ship before you go swimming. There's plenty of time.

This is what my husband and I do. If it's a new port for us, we will generally take our DLSR with us in the morning and take all of our photos, before heading back to the ship and dropping it back to the cabin. We'll then go back ashore, taking our underwater cameras and snorkel gear with us. We have never had a problem leaving our gear, including cruise cards etc.

Relax and enjoy sharri34 :)

both those islands are pretty safe, but as it has been said before im shore you will find some one off the ship that will look after them for you, remember there will about 2000 people of the ship on the island with you.

Archived