Rum Runners

bobthehammer

Doesn't Carnival read these threads? Now, they will know all the "secrets".

I am kind of thinking it must be hit and miss. My friend just got off the Destiny and they took 24 cans of beer and something else, but left the rum (which was just in the bottle). Hmmmm. And they got on with their allowed 1 bottle of wine in carry on.

All or most all know I'm not a smuggler. Re-boarding in some port a guy in front of me had a back pack full of booze, not beer. He put the back pack on the xray machine, it ran through the machine. They opened it, saw the booze and told him to check it at the table and it would be returned to him on the last evening. He heads for the table, about 15 feet away. There are 2 people checking in their bottles. He looks back at the xray people, they're busy, the guy at the table is busy, so he boards the elevator with his back pack full of booze.

NOT the world's most efficient system. What did I do? I did what any anti-smuggler would do. I got on the elevator with him and told him he owed me a drink for my silence!!:D:D

We just returned from the Triumph out of New Orleans. We had 2 1.5L bottles of wine and a 1.75 bottle of gin in our locked checked luggage and had no problem or calls to the naughty room. They did confiscate a half open bottle of tonic at the x-ray station. It was in my carry on. They did not confiscate a half open bottles of diet Pepsi in my wife's purse. Go figure!

Archived