Rum Runners

bobthehammer

from the Liberty. I checked 1 bottle of wine and they took it! Got it back the last night. Carried 2 on, just me and it went on fine. My friends packed rum runners and they got through just fine. And Miami is supposed to be the Rum Runner Freakin capitol of the US..:rolleyes:

Please do a search for them. There are already a ton of threads on CC and it only entices a flame war to start.

I personally am sick of "flame wars" on this site. Why are people participating in a cruise site (which should be a happy, non-confrontational subject BTW) so nasty?? I've read some very nasty replies to posts. Come ON CC folks...why agressively nasty???? People should not be afraid to post thoughts, questions, etc. here without getting flamed. Stop already!!!

I personally am sick of "flame wars" on this site. Why are people participating in a cruise site (which should be a happy, non-confrontational subject BTW) so nasty?? I've read some very nasty replies to posts. Come ON CC folks...why agressively nasty???? People should not be afraid to post thoughts, questions, etc. here without getting flamed. Stop already!!!

Cuz people don't need to show face here, and they enjoy flaming, and that might be their only excitement for the day.

Flame free zone....

stock-photo-no-flame-sign-38829136.jpg

has anyone been on a recent cruise that they used rum runners in there

checked baggage? if so would like to know if you had any issue's .... since it seems that Carnival is cracking down...:mad:

Last week on the Paradise out of Long Beach, my friends had their rumrunners confiscated from their checked bags. Up until that point, I had told them, "I've never heard of anyone getting caught with rumrunners."

I can't say that now.

So don't be surprised if it happens.

In spite of the myths, Rum Runners and other liquids show up on X-Rays. If your bag is X-rayed and if security wants to make an issue, a rum runner is no better or worse than just taking a bottle along.

If that is what you want to do, more power to you.

We were on the Splendor in May and had two of our Rum Runners confiscated, and prior to that we never had a problem. I believe it is the luck of the draw.

Happy Cruising!

Actually from what I have been reading it sounds like it is the port of long beach that is taking them.......

I would really be upset if one of them broke open in your bag and not only soaked the clothes in your bag, but in mine as well. :eek:

Just something to think about. Why chance ruining someone else's vacation to save a few bucks.:rolleyes:

Have taken mine on at least a dozen cruises in my checked luggage and have had NO problems even on NCL....Pack them in your checked luggage next to your shave kit or I pack them in my wifes beach bag next to all her sunscreen........:)...Dennis

Archived