Rum Runners

bobthehammer

May 2010 Splendor - 6 rumrunners in 6 different bags. 3 made it through, 3 were confiscated never to be seen again. 1st time after many successful smuggles. Long Beach is tough.

They convinced me. For our October cruise on the Dream we have ordered from Bon Voyage.

I'm just back from Liberty and I had 1 rum runner in bag (Malibu) but it wasn't full. It made it through fine. Brought home extra booze in it (we had also ordered through BV) and had it tucked into my collapsible cooler.....wonder if the reflective material helps? would put it there for my next trip.

I would really be upset if one of them broke open in your bag and not only soaked the clothes in your bag, but in mine as well. :eek:

They are very sturdy, but to be on the safe side we put them inside gallon ziploc bags.

I was more concerned about the 3L box of red wine springing a leak :eek:, so we put that inside a garbage bag.

I would really be upset if one of them broke open in your bag and not only soaked the clothes in your bag, but in mine as well. :eek:

Just something to think about. Why chance ruining someone else's vacation to save a few bucks.:rolleyes:

If I'm not worried about my bag.........you really think I'm worried about yours:confused::p:D

Just off the dream

RR in checked bag No issue..

also 4 couples.. brought 6 bottles of wine total all of which were in one carry on.. no one asked who they belonged too.. it could have been all mine

BTW my 2 rr's I came home with them 1/2 full and a 800.00 bar tab LOL

Does anyone "wear" them at embarkation?

When we were on the Dream in May, if you had Cargo shorts on, they made you turn you pockets inside out. I know some people have said they put Rumrunners in their pockets but this seems to be something Carnival is well aware of. We don't smuggle simply because we don't drink enough and the 2 bottles of wine we bring lasts us the entire 7 days. They are definitely checking your person better at the security checkpoint although this, like everything else is probably hit or miss.

We were on the Splendor in May and had two of our Rum Runners confiscated, and prior to that we never had a problem. I believe it is the luck of the draw.

Happy Cruising!

May 2010 Splendor - 6 rumrunners in 6 different bags. 3 made it through, 3 were confiscated never to be seen again. 1st time after many successful smuggles. Long Beach is tough.

They convinced me. For our October cruise on the Dream we have ordered from Bon Voyage.

I sure am glad that my 3 RR's on the Splendor, in May, got through:D Not only that, I had mistakenly left some water bottles in my suitcase so they checked the bag and left me a note that said everything was alright:D:D

WooHoo!!

Cruised the Dream at the end of March and the runners made it in. The result of the runners is something different. Here's a pic of the result:

Yes.. that's me after visiting the porcelain God and passing out on the floor. Fiance took the pic.

462857951_rumrunnersout.jpg.1033640615abb6d923775589096d025f.jpg

Just off the dream

RR in checked bag No issue..

also 4 couples.. brought 6 bottles of wine total all of which were in one carry on.. no one asked who they belonged too.. it could have been all mine

Actually, I don't think they care who they belong to: it's one bottle per person regardless of who is actaully drinking it. So yes, your friends could bring one on and give it to you once on board.

BTW my 2 rr's I came home with them 1/2 full and a 800.00 bar tab LOL

I agree with this thought - we always ended up bringing too much in the past ! ;)

stick them down your pants, they don't frisk yet.

Makes the crafty among us want to sew pockets on the inside of our pants legs....

Do the passengers have to walk through some sort of scanner? Or is it just security with wands?

Makes the crafty among us want to sew pockets on the inside of our pants legs....

Do the passengers have to walk through some sort of scanner? Or is it just security with wands?

It's a metal detector like the airports. They just ask you to take everything out of your pockets. You get to leave your shoes on;)

Home from the Splendor today. Four of us got 9 rum runners (14oz) on with no problem. We put them in ziplock bags and inside shoes in suitcases packed with only clothing. Put all shampoos, lotions, mouthwash and other toiletries in separate suitcases without rum runners and both those bags were held for inspection and brought to the room later with a note saying they were inspected because they appeared "suspicious," but were found to be okay.

Bon Voyage!!

Then where do I put the salami for snacks later?:D

Do they confiscate food?

Reminds me of the new Linder commercial, better be careful they may do a full body frisk (I think it is a naked frisk on the commercial):rolleyes:

Archived