Renting a car in/near Brooklyn

mobilemac

After arriving in NYC on the QM2 next Spring, my wife and I want to rent a car for a two day side trip to Newport, RI, before returning to Newark (EWR) and our flight home to Seattle. Should we taxi or bus to LaGuardia or JFK to pick up our rental, or are there rental agencies nearer the Brooklyn cruise terminal? Thanks.

"AVIS Brooklyn location has the closest rental . Less than 1 mile from the terminal but not an easy walk. Take a cab . They didn't have a shuttle service when I last used them."

And you may return the car to any of the NY area airports without incurring a drop off charge. Check the AVIS web site for the Brooklyn office's hours and location.

After arriving in NYC on the QM2 next Spring, my wife and I want to rent a car for a two day side trip to Newport, RI, before returning to Newark (EWR) and our flight home to Seattle. Should we taxi or bus to LaGuardia or JFK to pick up our rental, or are there rental agencies nearer the Brooklyn cruise terminal? Thanks.

Hi mobilemac. Advice previously given is excellent. I hope I won't complicate matters by offering another option for your consideration:

Depending on the length of your voyage, you might want to look at the option of renting a car at the airport, driving to the terminal, off-loading your luggage and parking in the lot adjacent to the dock. After disembarking, porters are available at the terminal to transport your luggage to the car promptly after disembarkation. From there you drive to Newport, later driving back to Newark ariport where you return your rented car.

Of course, it's a matter of budget and convenience. I'm sure you'll find what works best for you and your wife. BTW, kudos for planning in advance of your voyage. :)

Regards,

Salacia

AVIS Brooklyn location has the closest rental . Less than 1 mile from the terminal but not an easy walk. Take a cab . They didn't have a shuttle service when I last used them. :)

I have never been able to rent a car from AVIS B'klyn to be dropped off at another location. If you are willing to take a cab into Manhattan, you will have many choices.

I recently rented an Avis car at LGA ,after a few days returned it at Brooklyn . No problem , no additional 1 way rental charge either.

OP , just contact Avis to confirm .;)

Was anyone successful in renting a 1 way car originating from the Avis Atlantic Ave. branch?

Archived