Labor Day sale - has anyone found any bargains?

DonnaK

I got an email from RCCL about the "HUGE" Labor Day weekend sale, but of course, the cruises I'm considering are same price that they were before the big sale.

Have you booked anything "on sale" this weekend?

Didn't see any great bargains, but I did manage to get some nice perks (OBC, spa certificate, etc.) by booking through an online agency's Labor Day Sale... Put the cabin on a 24-hour courtesy hold with RCCL, canceled it as soon as I booked, told the agent as soon as I canceled, and he grabbed the cabin I wanted for us...

I had been looking for a couple of days at a cruise in early 2011.

The online agency I have booked many cruises with sent an email that said they would be having their own "Wow" sale. I got that email the evening before the preview day for the sale to start. I looked up the cruise I had been considering, and the price was still the same at that point.

Less than 12 hours later I went to the site to book the cruise on the 'sale', and the prices had gone UP $400. The perks for booking with that sale did not come close to the $400 increase. I called the agency to talk to them, saying that I could have booked 12 hours earlier and saved a lot of money. They looked into it, and did acknowlege the same price I had told them was the correct price the day before but they could not do anything.

Then the official sale happens, and guess what---it went up another

$50. So a rise in $450. Not a sale in my opinion.

Archived