Is IT Worth it to go to the MDR for late Seating with a Little One???

pixxie tails

Hi All...:p

Maybe dumb question but I thought I would ask and see what the answers are since many have more experience than we do...

We ended up with a late nite seating for dinner which was the only thing that was left when we booked our cruise.

Our son does not nap :eek: so we are not sure he will make it to 830 pm for dinner...but just in the case that he does for one night....Is it worth it to get all dressed up and attempt to go for that one evening or better yet skip it and do something else??

THANKS!!!! Any other suggestions would be much appreciated...:rolleyes:

When you get on the ship go look at fun times and see when the MD will have his schedule for DR changes.

Asked for early seating or perhaps anytime.

Asking little one to sit in DR for two hours so late is to me looking for a miserable time.

When you get on the ship go look at fun times and see when the MD will have his schedule for DR changes.

Asked for early seating or perhaps anytime.

Asking little one to sit in DR for two hours so late is to me looking for a miserable time.

I agree...Thanks!! And, for anyone else around us...not fair to the lil guy or our sailing friends:p...

Mom just wants to be able to dress up one night while we are at sea, but if I cannot...not a biggie...But, I will take your suggestion and look for the MD and scheduling a change!! THNX!!!:rolleyes:

I agree, go ask if you could be changed to early seating as soon as you board.

We had a young family near us with late seating. The first night the dad was by himself. Second night they came with their 1 year old & 3 year old. The little one slept in the stroller most of the time. The older one fell asleep at the table several times. Their server went out of his way with the little ones. THe kids were good, never heard them.

Good luck!

I agree, go ask if you could be changed to early seating as soon as you board.

We had a young family near us with late seating. The first night the dad was by himself. Second night they came with their 1 year old & 3 year old. The little one slept in the stroller most of the time. The older one fell asleep at the table several times. Their server went out of his way with the little ones. THe kids were good, never heard them.

Good luck!

OOhhh...Thanks for all the suggestions...

We want to keep our son with us and it really is not a huge deal but it sure is nice to get all dressed up, get photos and enjoy dinner together...that is what I was thinking...

But, you can't have everything in life...right?!?:o

I completely understand. My daughter wasn't even that little on our last cruise. She was SEVEN! We had late dining and figured out after the second night that it wasn't going to work out for us. She had played all day in the kids club or was worn out from the excursions and was practically asleep in her food. Therefore, we just gave up and ate earlier at the buffet. Next time, we will definitely have early seating or anytime dining.

Archived