Sheraton Yankee Clipper in Fort lauderdale

jorjen9

We are thinking of staying here for a night before our cruise. It looks like one of the only hotels directly on the beach, but I also see it is an older hotel. Has anyone stayed here recently who can tell me if this is a decent place to stay or not? Thanks!

I stayed there last year for three nights. It was a nice hotel, it is an older hotel though. Not all locations of rooms are that great though. I was on the highest floor looking over the pool which was nice. Had a nice bar that offered free munchies and happy hour specials. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again as I enjoyed it. I prefer the Sheraton Yankee Trader since it is a bit nicer and it is closer to the Beach Place which offers more shops, clubs and places to dine at. I did like the beach are at the Yankee Clipper though, you could rent chairs, and umbrella's.

We have stayed there twice now and just love it. You are right across from the water taxi where you can ride all day for 5dollars. Also on the return journey our flight wasn't until the evening so when we got off the ship they let us put our bags in the lock up room for the day and we did our thing on the water taxi then got a taxi to the airport.

Archived