Balcony on the Dream

Sophie

Just so happens that we had a superior oceanview and our friend had a balcony. Our room was in the front of the ship, It was #9218. The windows in this room were very nice, extra large. We went down to our friends room which was 8054 and it was the same size room, but had a small balcony. Any other questions feel free to ask......

I do have a few more questions to ask.....

Does the Superior Oceanview have a bathtub or just a shower? How about a refrigerator? And does the sofa make a bed for a third person? If so, is it comfortable? Also, did you like being in the very front of the ship? I would thing looking out the big window at where you were going was pretty cool! 4_1_4.gif Thanks!

I do have a few more questions to ask.....

Does the Superior Oceanview have a bathtub or just a shower? How about a refrigerator? And does the sofa make a bed for a third person? If so, is it comfortable? Also, did you like being in the very front of the ship? I would thing looking out the big window at where you were going was pretty cool! 4_1_4.gif Thanks!

Sophie, sorry no bathtub. Just a shower with a curtain separating it from the looo. Yes it does have a small frdge. Our sofa did not make into a be for a third person. as far as being in the front of the ship, we both loved it. Close to the dining and also to the step to go up to the pool. The big windows are very nice. If you look at the brochure, they are rectangular up front, and noticably larger. Hopefully you have one. Keep firing away. We just booked for the HAL Zuiderdam for Dec. NCL Jewel's prices went into orbit so we looked to HAL. If we can get same deal for the Jewel, we'll switch because we love "freestyle dining.":cool:

Sophie, sorry no bathtub. Just a shower with a curtain separating it from the looo. Yes it does have a small frdge. Our sofa did not make into a be for a third person. as far as being in the front of the ship, we both loved it. Close to the dining and also to the step to go up to the pool. The big windows are very nice. If you look at the brochure, they are rectangular up front, and noticably larger. Hopefully you have one. Keep firing away. We just booked for the HAL Zuiderdam for Dec. NCL Jewel's prices went into orbit so we looked to HAL. If we can get same deal for the Jewel, we'll switch because we love "freestyle dining.":cool:

If the sofa does not make a bed, does the cabin have a pullman that comes down from the wall? Our Daughter will be sailing with us. BTW, we have not booked yet. We're still doing the research. Thanks again.

One more question...On our Rhapsody cruise, some of the food was not up to par. How did you like the food on the "Dream"? I remember when we were on the "Sea", we thought the food was very good! 4_1_203.gif

Sophie

We just cruised the dream and the food was vary good and the service was

vary good also, we ate at the sit down restaurants at all the meals.

We did not eat at the buffets and the food at the buffets was average.

the ship was clean and well run but showing a little age.

Thay do have pullmans for 3rd person.

I liked the swim up bar at the pool.

And roatan was good for snorkeling.

If you get a cab in roatan go away from the pear and the cabs are 1/2 price

or less.

Sophie

We just cruised the dream and the food was vary good and the service was

vary good also, we ate at the sit down restaurants at all the meals.

We did not eat at the buffets and the food at the buffets was average.

the ship was clean and well run but showing a little age.

Thay do have pullmans for 3rd person.

I liked the swim up bar at the pool.

And roatan was good for snorkeling.

If you get a cab in roatan go away from the pear and the cabs are 1/2 price

or less.

Sophie, this pretty much sums it up. We also thought the food was very good. We ate in the same restaurant every night. With a cc room you get concierge service which can get you into any restaurant when you would like to dine. She was great to us. You also get priorty tendering in port. You will be directed to a certain lounge where the concierge will come to pick you up and take you downstairs to board the tender. The buffets were ok. As for the ship, yes it is aging, but rather nicely. Still clean and service was excellent. No complaints. Now for the swim up bar:p.....We started a party there the afternoon we couln't tender in Cancun, great time, at least that's what I remember.....In Roatan we were picked up dockside and went to Sante Wellness Center for Spa treatments. Belize was Cavetubing, really enjoyed that since we love the outdoors sports. :D

If you are going on the Dream for the 'crusing experience, rather than for the itinerary, l would strongly suggest you take stock of the negative reviews. These reviews were not written by 'whiners' but, rather by experienced cruisers who honestly related what life is really like aboard this particular ship.

The food selection is poor, and being as how the Dream was never built for free-style, there are orten long lines on port days. At the end of these lines is a rude wait staff who attitude is prevelant amoung other crew members. The 'why-are-you-asking-me-for-that-is-not-my-department' atmosphere has been the primary complaint for years and is not about to change.

BTW..the refrigerators are the size of a small t.v.

The aggravation is not worth the inexpensive price.

I would choose another ship.

We were on the same cruise with the Divine Ms. M, but our experience was totally opposite hers. Great food, clean ship, great crew -- yes, the Dream is an older ship but we have absolutely nothing we could complain about. We were on her for the 9/10 Baltic and the 9/22 Transatlantic -- 27 days -- if we wanted to pick we could probably find something to pick about but overall they were great cruises with nothing that would prevent us from sailing her again. No long lines ever at any of the dining rooms and a crew who were very eager to please. Have a great cruise!

Isn't it funny how people love to look for something to complain about. I was on the Dream Jan 04 and we also had a great time. Maybe a few people in line, but I have never been on a cruise where people don't "line up" for anything and everything. Our food was very good also. "There are always a few rotten bananas in a bunch". Nothing better to do. Go and make it the best vacation ever, and try to stay away from the Divine people. They're a breed of their own.:mad:

I've seen enough good reviews (such as the above 2) that we've booked the Dream for next Dec. BUT-we could still change if the Sun or Jewel have some price drops. Besides, doesn't the crew change over time?

I've never been on a bad cruise. And I don't expect I ever will.

-Monte

Archived