Question Solstice Western Caribbean

VOLEYMOM

Just wanted to see if the Solstice changes it's clocks to Central time or stays on Florida time? Looks like Cozumel and Grand Cayman are in Central time zone. Planning my excursions and want to make sure I don't mess them up! Thanks!

I was having the same problem booking excursions on my Holland America cruise. I emailed HAL and recieved the reply that the ships clock will be the same as the Island time. I imagine it is the same for all lines, but a quick email to your cruiseline would clear it up.

We did not changed our watche until the night between Grand Cayman and Cozumel. The ship was on a different time than Grand Cayman. This caused some problems with a few folks on our private excursions. Our boat to stingray city almost left a couple behind because they were "late". There is also another hour difference between Cozumel and Roatan but we did not change our watches there. You need to be careful if you use your cell phone to check the time. Many phones automatically adjust to "local" time which might not be ship time.

I really would like for ships to always change to local time. It would avoid confusion.

Just wanted to see if the Solstice changes it's clocks to Central time or stays on Florida time? Looks like Cozumel and Grand Cayman are in Central time zone. Planning my excursions and want to make sure I don't mess them up! Thanks!

Set clocks back between GC and Cozumel. Set them ahead after leaving Roatan.

Just an FYI: It is always up to the Captain whether to adjust clocks or not. As such, one can get an idea of what to expect from other people sailing on the same itinerary, but it is not a guarantee that it will work out the same on your cruise. Most reputed private excursion vendors will be aware of when you are going to be arriving. Make certain that when you leave the ship someone in your party has a watch (not cell phone/blackberry/pager etc.) that is set to ship time as there are plenty of times where ship's time is different from port time.

Archived