Sleep Inn FLL

bmccarthy

We are planning to book the Sleep Inn FLL in Dania. Has anyone stayed here? I know the hotel has a shuttle to the cruise terminal. Do you have an option as to when you can go or does the hotel set it up and give you a time? Also we are looking for restaurant recommendations. Are there any good seafood restaurants close by?

Thanks,

Beth

We are planning to book the Sleep Inn FLL in Dania. Has anyone stayed here? I know the hotel has a shuttle to the cruise terminal. Do you have an option as to when you can go or does the hotel set it up and give you a time? Also we are looking for restaurant recommendations. Are there any good seafood restaurants close by?

Thanks,

Beth

It's a decent place. You sign up for the shuttle, I think we requested 11 am and had to wait a little bit. It takes a roundabout way because they stop at a sister hotel. Just sit back and relax, you are on vacation. We would stay there again. We booked through the Sleep Inn website, rates vary by season.

There are a couple of restaurants across the street, we ate Mexican, they give you a small discount if you tell them where you stay. There were one or two other small restaurants in the same strip mall, also a Publix. And there is a Walgreens, too, if I remember correctly. Can't answer about seafood, don't eat it, sorry.

We too are also looking at the Sleep Inn at Dania Beach and was wondering if it ever comes available on Price Line and for what price usually ? If so, what district and # of starts would it be?

not sure if it does you may want to check betterbidding.com We just booked the Hyatt Place Sout FLL in Dania Beach. It is a nice hotel, 3*, and paid $48-$50 per night.

I'm not sure you can walk to any seafood restaurants. Most people go to Poncho's Backyard (Mexican) which is a locals favorite. Tourists love Rustic Inn, a crab house a few miles away. There is a seafood dive/diner called Tark's closeby but I haven't tried it...they mostly specialize in fried seafood. Tropical Acres is a few miles away and is a steak and seafood restaurant; I've been there for events but not for dinner, as I find the atmosphere too old and uninteresting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We've booked the Sleep Inn for a pre cruise in January. Used the LPGA fan rate and saved more than their best internet advertised rate. No membership required for the fan rate just have to be a "fan" of the LPGA.

www.choicehotels.com/lpga

This is one hotel we are considering as well, but the rate is at $149/night (Feb 25, 2011), even with the LPGA code, I even called the sports desk :(

I have read other members getting a hotel room for well under $100, but I'm not comfortable with Hotwire, etc.

We like this hotel as it is super clean, and is fairly new.

This is one hotel we are considering as well, but the rate is at $149/night (Feb 25, 2011), even with the LPGA code, I even called the sports desk :(

I have read other members getting a hotel room for well under $100, but I'm not comfortable with Hotwire, etc.

We like this hotel as it is super clean, and is fairly new.

Using Hotwire you should be able to get Hyatt Place North for $109 for your date ( I just checked)...a pretty good deal considering you are going high season and during the week of many spring breaks. On Hotwire it is listed as 3 star Los Olas Downtown with icons - nonsmoking, shuttle, breakfast, pool, fitness centre, business centre and high speed internet.

Using Hotwire you should be able to get Hyatt Place North for $109 for your date ( I just checked)...a pretty good deal considering you are going high season and during the week of many spring breaks. On Hotwire it is listed as 3 star Los Olas Downtown with icons - nonsmoking, shuttle, breakfast, pool, fitness centre, business centre and high speed internet.

Thank you for your tip, but it was the Sleep Inn I quoted on. I need to get my nerve up and use Hotwire or Priceline, but I need to read through all the tips on "how" to use it first!

You did mention that you found Hyatt Place North for $109, how did you know it was Hyatt Place? I thought the hotel is a guess and you don't know what you are getting?

Thank you for your tip, but it was the Sleep Inn I quoted on. I need to get my nerve up and use Hotwire or Priceline, but I need to read through all the tips on "how" to use it first!

You did mention that you found Hyatt Place North for $109, how did you know it was Hyatt Place? I thought the hotel is a guess and you don't know what you are getting?

I knew that it was the hotel based on the location and the icons listed - Hyatt Place is the only non-smoking hotel in the area...and it is in a great area much better than Sleep Inn (which I have stayed at)

We stayed at the Sleep Inn Dania last September pre-cruise. It was an adventure of sorts as there was a gas leak at the hotel and we had to be evacuated.

The hotel did a fabulous job keeping us informed, while we waited at the Mexican Restaurant across the street - they even used their own personal vehicles to pickup guests from the airport.

Clean rooms & facility, friendly staff, excellent service. I would stay there again.

Archived