Yet Another Paradise Beach Review! 2/12(also shopping and dining in downtown Cozumel)

workingmom

My husband and 18 m/o dd just got back from our first cruise, and DH's first trip outside the country.

Traveling w/ our 18 m/o we were up for breakfast fairly early every morning, so we hit the dining room. The folks at our table didn't have any lans - I suggested they try Paradise Beach - I shared what I had read on the boards. They seemed interested and we went out separate ways.

I packed up a big beach bag and off we went!

We arrive in Coz on the Imagination on Saturday 2/12. Took a cab right to Paradise Beach. Found a nice spot close to the hammocks for DH, away from the bar with a table and an umbrella and spread ourselves out. Arturo brought us a menu and let us get settled in. He took his time coming back, while we settled with the baby and took in the beauty that is Paradise Beach. From when you pull up to the manicured lawns, to the lovely "grass shack" cabana bar, the perfectly lines up chairs and umbrellas, the white sand, the palm trees and the blue water...well it's alot to take in. We were pleased with our choice. The bathrooms there were cleaner than the ship! Arturo came back - we ordered our cocktails - water for the baby, XX on the beach for me, lime daquiri for DH. Guacamole and kid chicken tenders.

The drinks were good and strong. The service fast and efficient. And then there was the food. OMG! We received what must have been 3 avocados woth of freshly pressed, well seasoned guac, a HUGE basket of thin, crspy fresh chips. And fresh (not frozen over battered) chicken for our daughter. We couldn't have asked for more...but there WAS! :)

I got a pineapple with a very fresh pina colada. DH had a margarita that knocked his socks off - well it would of had he been wearing any. DD settled in for a nap under the umbrella - DH and I took turns taking strolls and naps - there's a new pier with a cabana at the end which is very pituresque. Tom stopped by, and chatted with us. He was very friendly and gracious. We were made to feel even more at home then we already were! We met his web designer too.

Everyone at breakfast stopped by to thank us for sending them there - along w/ everyone in their parties :)

All in all, a SPLENDID day at PB - we stayed until almost 5 then headed into town. (My only warning: PB does NOT take Amex)

We walked, shopped a little...(we found a place called Havan Cigars - Air conditioned, walk in humidor, NO haggling. Very professional. Very different from those hawking from the stalls - those are likely to be fakes) made it to Los Cinco Soles - it seems the more upstanding business owners all know one another. the owner of Hvana cigars knows the couple that owns LCS - he also highly recommened them as well as the Fine Dining at Pancho's) and had a FABULOUS meal at Pancho's Backyard. Chicago has a large Mexican population and some very high end Mexican dining. Pancho's was easily as good and on some counts better. They brought a quesadilla for our daughter with fresh pico de gallo. We ordered the two special appetizers mushrooms fried w/ guajillo - these were not breaded just baked in a cazuela - so delicious. The shrimp was also good.

We had the beef tenderloin in chipotle sauce and they made a small order of arroz con pollo for DD. This was very high end meat. I wish I hd asked the waited where it was from - if it was american beef it must have been prime. Truly top notch.

Thanks to the boards and the Coz residents for all their advise. We had an amazing day. It was a little crazy getting back to port because the main street was closed for Carnivale, but we eventually found a cab - and the walk did us good! We put alot of miles on the stroller!

How did your little one do? We leave Saturday for a five day out of Galveston and are planning a visit to PB during our port at Cozumel. Our daughter is 21 months.

Just curious how your little one enjoyed the cruise and activities?

Archived