Gained it all back :-( anyone want to lose by May 2011

CruiseDreaming

Oh well. I was very lazy this weekend--I was fighting off a cold I think. So no exercise, and had mashed potatoes with my meat loaf for dinner (one of my husband's specialties--great comfort food.)

Back on the exercise regime today!

I have been terrible naughty this past weekend.....and there is so much candy in the house argggghhh wish me luck lol

Well the hubby and I went to a party in another state (left right after our son's soccer game) and they had no healthy food at the party--sigh. So I was bad that night and Sunday. I'm happy to say that as of today I'm now back to what I was before Halloween (still not a good number, but I will take my little victories). Next week is the real challenge, but once again I'm feeling positive. We can and will lose more weight!

Kerrie :)

I finally went down a pound! I didn't expect to, since we had nachos on Saturday night. But hey, I will take it! Shaved a bare 1/2 inch off my waist as well.

No exercise at all over the weekend, but that feels like a good rest, actually. Ready to boogie this week! Just 32 days until my cruise, and my new size 12 bathing suit should arrive in the mail in a day or two. Wish me luck trying it on!!

I finally went down a pound! I didn't expect to, since we had nachos on Saturday night. But hey, I will take it! Shaved a bare 1/2 inch off my waist as well.

No exercise at all over the weekend, but that feels like a good rest, actually. Ready to boogie this week! Just 32 days until my cruise, and my new size 12 bathing suit should arrive in the mail in a day or two. Wish me luck trying it on!!

Im not sure how i am losing weight i have not been good at all. I was gonna go back to the gym tonight but the knee is acting up so tomorrow is another day. I keep gaining and losing the same five lbs. Im down now so thats good, youd think it might give me motivation to go to the gym but it didnt .

Im not sure how i am losing weight i have not been good at all. I was gonna go back to the gym tonight but the knee is acting up so tomorrow is another day. I keep gaining and losing the same five lbs. Im down now so thats good, youd think it might give me motivation to go to the gym but it didnt .

I forgot to tell you wendy you are sailing on my birthday you lucking woman you. but my cruise is not paid for yet so i dont want it to come to quickly lol

Oh how nice, I will think of you when I board! Yes, it's always better when you have the cruise paid, isn't it? I'm expecting my cruise documents in the next week or so.

I'm down with a cold, so comfort food right now. At least I'm getting it out of my way before our trip--would hate that.

Do either of you exercise while on board? I have often had the intention to do so, but have never actually done it, beyond walking around up top in the mornings. This time I think I'm going to try--maybe fitness classes or the gym when we're not out on excursions (which is most of the time actually, except for one sea day.)

Oh how nice, I will think of you when I board! Yes, it's always better when you have the cruise paid, isn't it? I'm expecting my cruise documents in the next week or so.

I'm down with a cold, so comfort food right now. At least I'm getting it out of my way before our trip--would hate that.

Do either of you exercise while on board? I have often had the intention to do so, but have never actually done it, beyond walking around up top in the mornings. This time I think I'm going to try--maybe fitness classes or the gym when we're not out on excursions (which is most of the time actually, except for one sea day.)

Well i cant tell you if i have ever exercised on the ship before(this will be my first cruise) but I can tell you im not a big fan of exercise so it is doubtful that i will (just being honest) but I am going with an excersise buddy of mine (the buddy that use to push me or motivate me however you wanna look at it hehe to go to the gym before she went 3rd shift and now our schedules dont allow us to go together) and she may be able to talk me into it a few times well just have to wait and see.

good news is im down another five lbs.....im not being very good but ive had some family issues lately and I think im so worried about my daughters upcoming MRI next week that I havnt felt as hungry lately. That has to be the deal becuz i have not been eating healthy at all.

Hey guys, how are you? I was down with a cold last week, but except for the usual plumbing problems I'm fine now. I had no appetite for a couple of days, but in general just ate what I wanted while I was sick, and the rest of the week was careful, but no exercise all week!

And I'm down 4 pounds! So, that's a total of 18, 10 pounds from my ultimate goal, although even another 5 would be magic.

I had hoped to get where I am before we sail, but I still have 3 1/2 weeks, so will try to revv up the exercise to fit into this new bathing suit I bought which fits like armor, but is kinda tight in the back (gheesh, lots of fat left on my back--got to do more weights!)

Have a great week both of you!

Hey guys, how are you? I was down with a cold last week, but except for the usual plumbing problems I'm fine now. I had no appetite for a couple of days, but in general just ate what I wanted while I was sick, and the rest of the week was careful, but no exercise all week!

And I'm down 4 pounds! So, that's a total of 18, 10 pounds from my ultimate goal, although even another 5 would be magic.

I had hoped to get where I am before we sail, but I still have 3 1/2 weeks, so will try to revv up the exercise to fit into this new bathing suit I bought which fits like armor, but is kinda tight in the back (gheesh, lots of fat left on my back--got to do more weights!)

Have a great week both of you!

Well i think my scale likes to play games with me the other day i weighed myself and i was down another five so we went out to eat....i weighed my self later that night and i was up ten lbs i think my scale hates me i know i didnt eat that much .....

well probally not much exercise for the next two days while we are in philadelphia for Amys mri and I cant say I will eat very healthy then either but I will try to do portion control at least.

I can not believe all the work my daughters teacher sent home.....the one day she will have a heavy narcotic in her system I doubt very highly she will get much work done that day. I can only hope that my sons kindergarten teacher is much easier on me ill find out tomorrow.

So keep hanging in there ladies.....ill check in on friday when we get back.

Hello Ladies, congrats on weightloss. I have to confess that I went crazy when I was in Vegas. :( I have now more to lose than before, but surprisingly I'm fluctuating between a positive feeling and a slap-myself-in-the-head-what-was-I-thinking feeling. Anyhow, I will figure this out--I have to.

As for exercising on board--I mostly just walk around the ship going here and there. I always do the stairs and dancing if I can find it. I will even do some leisure swimming in the pool, but when I'm on vacation walking around seems to be my most reliable standby.

Kerrie:)

Kerrie, don't beat yourself up, everybody deserves a break. Just get back on the routine as fast as you can--I find that momentum is very important when trying to lose weight. I'm either "on" or I'm "off".

Yes, shipboard walking is a great thing. I tend to do the top-deck circuit in the morning--we like to get up fairly early on board, so we have time before any morning excursions (this time we have 3 excursions that start about 8:30-9:00.) Two of them will involve some walking, but not a huge amount.

And since 2 of the excursions are all-day ones, I won't be in any mood to exercise when I come back on board. A visit to the hottub, a shower, then cocktails on deck while we're sailing away, then dinner. Sigh, I'm there, now!

Lioness, I hope all is well with your daughter. I can't believe how teachers are still beating up on kids (and parents) about homework--in kindergarten no less (when I was a kid, yada yada.)

As for your scales, you should buy new ones, if you are getting unreliable readings--the readings shouldn't swing around like that!

Now for me, off to get my gear on and start my weights and pilates...

Kerrie, don't beat yourself up, everybody deserves a break. Just get back on the routine as fast as you can--I find that momentum is very important when trying to lose weight. I'm either "on" or I'm "off".

Yes, shipboard walking is a great thing. I tend to do the top-deck circuit in the morning--we like to get up fairly early on board, so we have time before any morning excursions (this time we have 3 excursions that start about 8:30-9:00.) Two of them will involve some walking, but not a huge amount.

And since 2 of the excursions are all-day ones, I won't be in any mood to exercise when I come back on board. A visit to the hottub, a shower, then cocktails on deck while we're sailing away, then dinner. Sigh, I'm there, now!

Lioness, I hope all is well with your daughter. I can't believe how teachers are still beating up on kids (and parents) about homework--in kindergarten no less (when I was a kid, yada yada.)

As for your scales, you should buy new ones, if you are getting unreliable readings--the readings shouldn't swing around like that!

Now for me, off to get my gear on and start my weights and pilates...

thanks wendy she is doing great we are 6 years out, she wasnt supose to even make it to be six years old and she will be nine in dec. .....stable is always something you want to hear when a brain tumor is involved....in fact she is doing so good we dont have to get a scan next year we have graduated to every two years.......However on the diet , I think i celebrated a bit to much while in philly (i love cheesesteak hehe) the good news is that with the trip to philly behind me and now that im reassuered she is doing well my stress level is back down a bit and i will be able to concentrate on dieting ......and then when i get back into it strong thanksgiving will be here lol Agggrrggrrrr

And have a great Thanksgiving, folks.

I gained back several pounds last week--not sure how, but I am doggedly determined and trying to cut out snacks that creep in, like my Peek Frean Lifestyle cookies that have only 140 calories for three. But I'm using them up and then will try to resist the urge to buy more, even when they are on sale! :(

And my square of good quality dark chocolate, which has oh, about 55 calories. But mostly that extra slice of buttered toast, or extra serving of dinner, or ... I have two weeks and three days to fit into my new bathing suit!

we are scheduled to cruise on April 1st......seems like a long way away, but November has totally slid right by with me doing nothing to get healthy so I can enjoy the cruise. I have a Curves membership, I have not set foot in the place since May! I eat sensibly, but definitely have a sweet tooth for ice cream. I wanted to do gastric by pass, but the Dr.s all say, not a good choice for me. What I truly need is a group to connect with and to support each other. It seems you all have been communicating here frequently and I think that would help. I have great intentions, journaling, food diary etc. I just don't do it! There is no way I will fit into my cruise clothes from 2008 at this rate and I would like to drop at least 40 pounds by then...... Can you all help me?:(

Hey Cruisenut! I go to Curves too, but to lose weight I have to do other stuff too--lots of walking, Wii fit, etc. I was also one of those people that NEVER wanted to journal my food and stuff--I knew everyone said it helps but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Once I started it became really easy for me to journal things, second nature now. Initially I had to look up calories and saturated fat grams, and now I have things down, I even use a calorie counter app on my phone. I write it down, but I put it in a spreadsheet. I keep track of my calories, my exercise, my weight and because of my medical condition I track my satuated fat grams. Give it a try and maybe it will become easy for you too. Welcome aboard our little thread, when is your next cruise?

Hey, welcome VTcruisenut!

I'm a sporadic journaler. I get tired of doing it, then stop, and journal in my head, as it were. But then I find I have to go back to the hard facts every week for a few days, just to keep on track.

Meanwhile I'm not losing any weight, just poking along at the same weight, but doing lots of exercise, so I'm getting fit.

But my cruisewear looks great right now, I must say. I even had to buy new bras! I cruise in 10 days. Then Christmas. December's going to be challenging, and I have a date with my nutritionist the day after I get back!

Wendy--that sounds great! If the clothes fit and you need to buy new bras then you are definitly cruise ready--I'm so excited for you. I haven't lost any weight, but I'm going to keep working. Also, if you know you have to meet with the nutritionist it may keep you on track somewhat while on your cruise--this could be a good thing. Way to go Wendy!

Just wanted to check in and say hi. After a weekend of indolence (no workouts), but fairly reasonable food intake, I'm down 2 pounds again. So 18 total loss right now.

I'm off Thursday morning, and am furiously preparing to pack

So just wanted to say, keep the good work, girls, while I'm gone. And keep your fingers crossed that I don't completely screw up on this trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived