Price of Cigarettes on board

wesail4fun

Thanks for the quick reply. Is it $109 for 5 cartons or 4? When do they let you buy them? After we are in international waters?

The shops are only open when you are out to sea so you don't have to worry about the tax. We brought ours on the last sea day.

My DH buys 4 cartons every cruise and I have yet to pay a duty on the cigs even tho I write it on my custom form. This has happened in FLL, Miami, New Orleans and Mobile. Maybe I've been lucky. One time in NOLA we had a newbie agent and he started to take us back to the naughty room and his surpervisor caught him and told him to let it go, they were too busy to worry about a few $$ for cigs. I don't think they are too concerned about the duty on 2 carton s of cigs.

My DH buys 4 cartons every cruise and I have yet to pay a duty on the cigs even tho I write it on my custom form. This has happened in FLL, Miami, New Orleans and Mobile. Maybe I've been lucky. One time in NOLA we had a newbie agent and he started to take us back to the naughty room and his surpervisor caught him and told him to let it go, they were too busy to worry about a few $$ for cigs. I don't think they are too concerned about the duty on 2 carton s of cigs.

Don't think cigarettes are what they are concerned about unless you were trying to bring a case in.

Archived