Couple of questions re: GEM

Sonchyne4U

I just read somewhere that Cagney's, Chin Chin, and Le Bistro all halve their cover charge between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.

Also, in this same article it stated that there was a $5 all-you-can-eat sushi menu, effective day or night.

This was a fairly old review and would like to know if this is still the case or not?

The half-price offerings for the specialty restaurants vary from ship to ship, probably even sailing to sailing. I would not count on that review as gospel. However, when they do offer half-price deals, it's usually for early and late seatings. I also wouldn't count on $5 for all-you-can-eat sushi. I don't recall that being offered on my last couple NCL cruises. You'll have to wait until you're on board to check the Freestyle Daily, which will list the specials.

And I wouldn't count on Cagney's being included in any half-price specials they would have - it's been a while since Cagney's and Teppanyaki were included, on my last Jewel sailing Le Bistro wasn't included either. Half price is hit-or-miss, varying from ship to ship and sailing to sailing, but one pattern I have noticed: They are usually either very early on port days (like prior to leaving port or even embarkation time) or the rare late specials that are usually on sea days, very late, on sailing where almost everyone eats very early (think a much older crowd). On cruises from NYC, I have never seen a late evening special, and the early ones were at least 1 1/2 hours before sailaway from port. Have never seen $5 sushi, just the regular cover price (it is all you can eat) - and sushi was specifically excluded from the half price seatings as well.

Robin

Robin

I just read somewhere that Cagney's, Chin Chin, and Le Bistro all halve their cover charge between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.

Also, in this same article it stated that there was a $5 all-you-can-eat sushi menu, effective day or night.

This was a fairly old review and would like to know if this is still the case or not?

We were on the 8/27 sailing of the Spirit and we had 2/1 dinners three nights in Le Bistro,La Trattoria and another restaurant. We did not see any $5 all you can eat. The times were between 5:30 and 7PM. We did it two nights and had reservations at 7PM. These offers come and go as we have seen over the years We were on the Gem in March out of NYC and did not have any of these offers.

Both cruisers were great and ships are beautiful.

Ann

Archived