Tulum Ruins-when to eat?

MrsElizabeth

We are booked to visit the Mayan Ruins of Tulum through Carnival in just a few days (yay!) and I'm having a hard time figuring out the eating situation.

The description of the tour says that it is from 10a-5p, and a light snack and water are provided on the return trip to the ship.

Now, we're going to need more than a light snack on this long excursion. Are there places to buy food at either the 30 minute souvenir stop, or at the ruins themselves? Or should we bring heavy snacks to eat?

Thanks!

We are booked to visit the Mayan Ruins of Tulum through Carnival in just a few days (yay!) and I'm having a hard time figuring out the eating situation.

The description of the tour says that it is from 10a-5p, and a light snack and water are provided on the return trip to the ship.

Now, we're going to need more than a light snack on this long excursion. Are there places to buy food at either the 30 minute souvenir stop, or at the ruins themselves? Or should we bring heavy snacks to eat?

Thanks!

It's been a long time since I was there, but the town near the ruins has a thrivung restaurant/hotel business. Depending upon the time of day you're at the ruins, if you can go into town, try El Tabano. The beacha rea has several places as well. Posada margarita is an Italian place with good drinks. La Zebra and Casa Banana are good places too, and I think are still open around mid day. There are some loncherias/taquerias at the entrance to the ruins that serve pretty good tacos and snacks. Bring either pesos or small demonination US$.

If you are reluctant to try local food, or maybe unsure if you will have time to go to any of these places, I suggest you have a little larger than normal breakfast before departing and then put a coupel of bananas in your backpack. You might also consider bringing some wrapped sandwich crackers or other individualized wrapped snacks with you in your luggage on the cruise to munch on if you're hunger. Then just plan on a good dinner once you return.

I don't remember seeing any food stands at the shopping stop. There were some shops and eateries at the ruins themselves. I think I remember a Subway. (some one correct me if I'm wrong) I remember stopping into a small shop that had other kinds of food and having a beer.

Archived