Temp AL ID - Mobile Port

jmeans23970

My father's wallet was stolen yesterday and in it was his ID of course. He has been issued a temp picture ID until the hard copy arrives. Will he have any trouble using his temp id on the cruise we have scheduled next Saturday? I called Carnival and they said it was up to HS, and HS said it was up to Carnival. I was wondering if anyone knew of something like this happening or knew of someone I could call. Help please!

My father's wallet was stolen yesterday and in it was his ID of course. He has been issued a temp picture ID until the hard copy arrives. Will he have any trouble using his temp id on the cruise we have scheduled next Saturday? I called Carnival and they said it was up to HS, and HS said it was up to Carnival. I was wondering if anyone knew of something like this happening or knew of someone I could call. Help please!

I also live in Alabama, and it is the ONLY state I've ever lived in that doesn't issue permanent laminated IDs and DLs on the spot! I could not believe it when I moved here! I was issued a PAPER DL (blue with black print) for six weeks until my laminated copy arrived. Also, every time I've had to renew my DL, I get a CARDBOARD copy until the laminated one arrives. Alabama requires you to renew your DL every FOUR years, instead of the usual FIVE....but you still get a stupid cardboard picture ID or DL. That cardboard ID will probably NOT work. I'm just sayin'...this state is soooo far behind! However, I've always had a Passport, so I don't have to depend on the stupid cardboard ID or DL. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! So...call Bob Riley, and good luck with that! Really, though, I wish you good luck!

I also live in Alabama, and it is the ONLY state I've ever lived in that doesn't issue permanent laminated IDs and DLs on the spot! I could not believe it when I moved here! I was issued a PAPER DL (blue with black print) for six weeks until my laminated copy arrived. Also, every time I've had to renew my DL, I get a CARDBOARD copy until the laminated one arrives. Alabama requires you to renew your DL every FOUR years, instead of the usual FIVE....but you still get a stupid cardboard picture ID or DL. That cardboard ID will probably NOT work. I'm just sayin'...this state is soooo far behind! However, I've always had a Passport, so I don't have to depend on the stupid cardboard ID or DL. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! So...call Bob Riley, and good luck with that! Really, though, I wish you good luck!

Alabama used to issue laminated licenses on the spot. They were easy to peel and alter. The ones now are actually pretty high tech with holographic inlays that are tamper resistant. They are not laminated. You can't peel them apart and alter them in any way. That's why they can't issue it on the spot. Boob Riley is too busy hassling little blue haired old ladies trying to play bingo to be concerned about paper vs. plastic. :p

I'm not sure what you are talking about. The paper id is not cardboard and it is in full color. Has been for years. I have lived in Alabama my whole life, and so has my father. I have never been given a cardboard id. Thanks though. I got Bob on the speed dial though. I actually have called Homeland Security of AL. They say it will work. Got my fingers crossed!

• 4 weeks later...

This same thing happened to me on my 1st cruise out of Mobile. My hard copy hadn't come in yet. I had my OLD license, PLUS my paper copy of the new AND my birth cert./marriage license (I wanted to make SURE I got on the ship, lol :) ) They let me board, but that has been 4 years ago, so not sure if the rules have changed or not... I would assume it would still work, especially if you had a birth certificate and/or other ID as well, but I am not 100% sure. We've since got passports. :)

Archived